Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Which Hakone Pass to Buy? Kyoto to Hakone 2022/11/20 07:09
I'm planning a trip from Kyoto to Hakone and then Hakone to Tokyo, but I'm trying to figure out which is the best Hakone Free Pass to buy.

My current plan is to travel by shinkansen from Kyoto Station to Odawara Station. Then once I arrive and IF it's possible, I would then buy the "full price" Hakone Free Pass that would be from Shinjuku Station so that I could go straight to Shinjuku once I'm done traveling in Hakone. Is that even allowed? Or am I only allowed to buy the cheaper from Odawara Station Hakone Free Pass since that would be my starting station?

It doesn't make sense for me to travel from Kyoto Station to Shinjuku Station, and then from Shinjuku Station to Hakone if I could just stop by Odawara Station that's in between.

Any feedback or information would help! Thank you!
by Otonashikun  

Re: Which Hakone Pass to Buy? Kyoto to Hakone 2022/11/20 11:46
Buy the cheaper. Not sure you can buy the other at Odawara.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Which Hakone Pass to Buy? Kyoto to Hakone 2022/11/20 15:56
Make sure that the pass will actually save you money based on what you want to do. And, the piece Hakone to Shinjuku you can buy separately anyway - either the local or the more expensive and only slightly faster express.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Which Hakone Pass to Buy? Kyoto to Hakone 2022/11/21 14:16
I guess I should just buy the from Odawara Station pass from the sounds of it.

I plan on being in Hakone 3 days and going to a lot of places that'll require the bus, the ship, the ropeway, etc. so getting the Hakone Pass will be worth it in my opinion.

And like you said, I can always buy the ticket from Odawara to Tokyo separately and I wouldn't have to go to Shinjuku. I could travel a more direct route to my destination in Tokyo.
by Otonashikun rate this post as useful

Re: Which Hakone Pass to Buy? Kyoto to Hakone 2022/11/21 14:49
I'd just get the cheaper one. You'd likely not be breaking even if you got the round trip from Shinjuku pass but didn't use the first leg.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread