Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

The additional fare for Fuji Excursion 2022/11/20 22:58
Dear Friends

I plan to ride fuji excursion from Shinjuku to Kawaguchiko by using JR East Pass (Tohoku area). I know that I have to pay the additional fare if i ride this train beyond Otsuki.

My question are that when, how much and how to pay a mentioned fare? Also, does fujikyu railway have a day pass?

Many thanks in advance for your kindness.
by tony2000  

Re: The additional fare for Fuji Excursion 2022/11/21 13:39
If u visit by JR Tokyo wide pass it fully covered
But Japan railpass or JR east pass you will pay
1770 yen for 26 km distance take 69 minutes
By Fuji excursion train.it will be 1170 yen by fujikyu railway.
by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The additional fare for Fuji Excursion 2022/11/21 16:12
Fujikyu railway 2 Day pass=2600 yen
It cover Fujikyu limited express train
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The additional fare for Fuji Excursion 2022/11/22 03:24
Fujikyu express Free ticket 2 Day=2600 yen
Fuji 5 Lake passport included Fujikyu railway 2 day unlimited ride (rail and bus In valid area)= 3600 yen
by Alibaba (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: The additional fare for Fuji Excursion 2022/11/22 12:58
Many thanks all friends.

How do I pay the additional fare? At the ticket gate of arrival station or on the Fuji Excursion train?

Also, I reserved seat for Fuji Excursion via JR East website already, but the system allows me to choose Otsuki for arrival station only, even I want to go to Kawaguchiko station. My questions is :

Can I change the arrival station when I pick up the ticket at JR ticket office or reserved seat ticket vending machines?

by tony2000 rate this post as useful

Re: The additional fare for Fuji Excursion 2022/11/22 13:39
Firstly :you will visit JR East Ticket office with your JR pass.Then ,if you pay additional 1770 yen,you are permitted to travel all the way to kawaguchiko by JR .

Secondly: you will travel until JR otsuki station Then you will pay 2600 yen,it will permitted to travel 26 km journey unlimited time for 2 days by Fujikyu railway,not JR

Thirdly:you travel until otsuki by JR. then you buy ticket for 1170 yen to travel kawaguchiko by Fujikyu railway,not JR

Fourthly :when u exit in kawaguchiko station, then you will show your JR pass and give 1770 yen to manned gate staff. In train, sometimes JR staff check your ticket then you will give them 1770 yen, they will give you a ticket valid until kawaguchiko station

As this is a life time experience,so i suggest you to buy fujikyu rail pass for 2600 yen in ots uki station ,valid for 2 days.
by Redcliff (guest) rate this post as useful

The additional fare for Fuji Excursion 2023/3/23 22:17
Hello, am I correct that if I take the The Limited Express FUJI EXCURSION from Shiniuku station directly to Kawaguchiko Station I have to purchase 2 separate tickets. Can I purchase these in advance? I intend to buy a JR ticket which I think covers me for the first part but how do I get the ticket for the second part and can this also be pre booked too please? Thank you :)
by VNH27 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread