Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I get any apartment under a SOFA status? 2022/11/22 13:47
Hello,
Ifm curious to know if itfs possible to live in any apartment in close range of a military base while having a SOFA status. I currently have a work visa but I want to switch to a SOFA and live off base.
If anyone has gone through this. What documents do you need to apply for an apartment?
Thank you
by Jeronimo (guest)  

Re: Can I get any apartment under a SOFA status? 2022/11/22 20:42
Depending on the company you go with, you don't even need to be a resident to rent an apartment.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get any apartment under a SOFA status? 2022/11/24 10:15
Oh really! Thatfs interesting and good to know. I messaged a company and they said that itfs possible but very limited apparently because of the SOFA statusc I wonder if theyfre trying to cash out on me then. Ifll have to look around and see.
by Jeronimo (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get any apartment under a SOFA status? 2022/11/24 15:31
He means there are no laws preventing non-residents from renting but each agent/landlord will have different requirements.

Will you receive housing allowance? If yes, the apartments need to be pre-approved by the base so your choices will be limited.
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I get any apartment under a SOFA status? 2022/11/24 23:06
Oh okay, Ifm not sure if Ifll receive allowance. Ifm guessing if I donft I can go anywhere. Thank you
by Jeronimo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread