Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Questions about visiting Osaka 2022/11/25 00:20
I have booked for Osaka Japan in Jan 7th, be arriving on the 9th.

Do I need to purchase Japan rail pass before I get to Japan? Ifm just worried about scammers or going to wrong site thatfll scam me.

Do I need to have a tour guide for Osaka castle? Could I take pictures inside the castle?

Can I take pictures inside the science museum?

What would you think is a minimum budget for a week in Osaka? Of course I would be visiting Kyoto for one day for the railway museum and Kyoto tower and another day in Hiroshima for the peace memorial.
Ifm looking at at least USD 350. Thatfs just my guess, it can be smaller than that.

Do I need to purchase for shinkansen trip to Kyoto from Osaka and Hiroshima from Osaka before I get to Japan?

Would I be able to get some help from someone when I first arrive to Japan? Ifm still learning the language and I can read hiragana and katagana, but Ifm still a novice.

by Tim99  

Re: Questions about visiting Osaka 2022/11/25 16:33
Do I need to purchase Japan rail pass before I get to Japan? Ifm just worried about scammers or going to wrong site thatfll scam me.

Do you need to purchase the Japan Rail Pass (nation wide)? If your destinations are Osaka, Kyoto and Hiroshima within 5-7 days, Kansai Hiroshima Area Pass (5 days) or Sany0 San'in Area Pass are cheaper and appropriate.

https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/ticket/pass/

Do I need to have a tour guide for Osaka castle? Could I take pictures inside the castle?

Well, it might be better to go with tour guide, but most people will go by themselves. You can rent audio guide at the information office (1F and 5F).

Can I take pictures inside the science museum?

It depends on the specific places. There should be "photography is prohibited" sign if it is prohibited.

What would you think is a minimum budget for a week in Osaka?
Ifm looking at at least USD 350.

Do you mean for meal? Then yes, it would be sufficient. Of course you can spend for more if you eat luxurious meals.

Do I need to purchase for shinkansen trip to Kyoto from Osaka and Hiroshima from Osaka before I get to Japan?

No, you can buy train tickets on site. As noted some rail pass will save some money. These passes are cheaper when you buy them outside of Japan.

Would I be able to get some help from someone when I first arrive to Japan? Ifm still learning the language and I can read hiragana and katagana, but Ifm still a novice.

Most of the touristic places (like Airport) have "Information center". Don't be afraid, Japanese people are not so different from people in the US. Be polite and respectful, then you should be fine.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about visiting Osaka 2022/11/25 22:01
Just to add. that you will be fine. A friend of mine (rollercoaster nut) visited knowing only the Japanese for Man, woman, entrance, exit, chicken, pork & beef and she had a fantastic time
by Stan Norrell rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about visiting Osaka 2022/11/26 18:07
Your English is fine. Which means you'll function in Japan just fine. 95% of Japan has some form of English signage for everything.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Questions about visiting Osaka 2022/11/27 02:09
After coming to osaka, you must visit for few days.you can buy osaka bus and subway pass =800 yen,weekends =600 yen
Hankai tram 1 day pass=600 yen1 way:210yen
Nankai bus pass whole line=1050 yen
Osaka city bus 1 day pass=500 yen
Osaka amazing pass=2800, 3600 yen(1,2 day)

by Jo (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread