Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 12:54
Would appreciate if someone could estimate the taxi fare between Matsue Station to Yuushien Gardens.
I tried doing that but the taxifinder hasnft been very successful in English.

https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5807.html
Yuushien

Looking at this bus schedule is there a bus leaving Matsue station to Yuushien around 12 noon ?
I canft reconcile the bus stop to the one in Japan guide.

https://kankou-daikonshima.jp/bus_timetable

Many thanks
by aa (guest)  

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 15:10
Looks like 12:25 from the link your provided.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 15:24
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 16:04
You can generally guesstimate how much the taxi fare will be if you know the distance. Beyond the base fare for the first 1.5 km, taxis typically charge 90 yen every 200 m - and the distance is about 14.7 km one way. That means a taxi could be in the ballpark of say 6600 yen one way. Definitely better to take the bus if you can.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 19:22
@h
Depart Matsue 12:25 arrive 13:15 bus#70
Depart Yuushien 15:40 arrive Matsue 16:28? Bus #10
Is my reading correct?
Thanks

@Ken, I learned something today re rough calculations on taxi fares. Yes, the bus is a better option.
Thanks

by aa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 22:46
Even though this is one of the newer gardens - you've made a good choice for visiting. It's one of my favourites....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 23:23
Open= 9 Am to 17 pm
Admission cost: 700 yen ,student=350 yen
Located in Daikonshima island
Izumo taisha,matsue castle and Adachi muse um of art in shimane also recomended, entran ce fee is 2000 yen,
by Jim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/25 23:38
@6000 Yen one way a rental car for a day might be another option. (If you have a driving permit valid for japan)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/26 11:30
I certainly hadnft thought of a car rental, so thanks for reminding me of this option.

Yuushien has been on my list for a long time - the peony is one of my favourite flower ( Lilly of the valley being my top favourite).

So thanks again to everyone.

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/27 01:17
We have had self drive a few years ago in this region. Which season is this visit planned?
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/27 12:17
The trip is planned for early March 2023.
Would you mind sharing, whereabouts you travelled on your road trip around this region?
Thanks

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/27 17:14
Will there be any bloom early March? Remember that location is the colder side of Japan.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/27 23:00
It may have some snow until early - mid March.
Our drive was in September. We started from Izumo Airport. We had drive to Izumo Taisha Shrine, Isanohama Beach, Hinomisaki Lighthouse, R 431 (north of Shinko Lake) to Matsue, Matsue Castle and Samurai/Old Hearn Residence nearby, Daikonshima Island, Eshima Ohashi Bridge, Back to Izumo Airport on R9. It was out of bloom season in Yuushien garden and we didn't drop in there.
by KyushuLocal rate this post as useful

Re: Matsue-Yuushien garden, Shimane 2022/11/28 14:07
@H
According to Yushienfs website seasonal flowers can be seen in the garden
https://www.yuushien.com/language/en.html

@KyushuLocal
thanks for sharing. Ifll keep that for future travels. My forthcoming trip will be limited to Matsue /Yushien & Yasugi. Hopefully the next trip I can visit the region more extensively in particular to Totorri by car.
Ifll bear in mind the possibility of March snows.
Ifve travelled up the Sea of Japan coastline in March from Akita to Aomori and some areas get more snow than others. Itfs getting harder to predict the weather accurately these days - hence being prepared helps.
Thanks again

reply to this thread