Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I sell my artwork through commissions? 2022/11/26 00:26
Ifm a new student in Japan with a student visa and was hoping to make extra money through selling my artwork.

I understand to sell your artwork to Japanese residents, you would require legal permission. Scenarios like handing physical artwork over in exchange for money, selling art over Rakuten or Creema, fundraising events, etc.

But would it be legal to advertise and sell commissions online to non Japanese people? Say an American, for example, came to me online asking me to draw something and they send the money to my PayPal. Or I sell artwork to my online friends privately? Would that be legal?

And if so, would I need to declare that?
by Emilie (guest)  

Re: Can I sell my artwork through commissions? 2022/11/27 01:29
As a student of japan, you can work 28 hours per week ,when class resume.And Full time in semester break.so you need permission.now go to student office in your university.and fill the forms.then student office process your documents.within a week,you got permission

Be aware: Never hamper your studies.you are young.A Lot of years ahead of you.Good luck
by Roza (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I sell my artwork through commissions? 2022/11/27 10:45
No different from working when on a student visa.

Get premission. Pay taxes.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread