Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Does ICU Japan allow ESA pets in dorms? 2022/11/27 21:46
Hello, I am applying to ICU for September 2023 transfers and am wondering if they allow certified ESA pets to dorm?

I have a very small and low-maintenance cat that I would be looking to bring with me. She is certified as an ESA and is used to living in small spaces (ex: my current dorm).

Will this be allowed ?
by kyun (guest)  

Re: Does ICU Japan allow ESA pets in dorms? 2022/11/28 08:19
Well the best place to ask is ICU themselves.

But be prepared that tge answer will be no. Emotional support pets seems to be s very American thing and your pet is certified under those local rules. Every country will have different rules and frankly I dont think Japan (and many other countries) even has the concept of emotional support animal. Plus in Japan having a pet in your apartment is normally forbidden. Ie not only in dorms but in normal rental apartments as well. If you want to bring your cat youfll most likely need to find an apartment that specifically allows for pets. Which are few.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread