Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can you get a 180 day tourist visa? 2022/12/6 05:24
I recently visited Japan for a vacation from 10/23/2022 to 11/19/2022, upon entry I received a 90 day visa in my UK passport. I am hoping to return to Japan in January or February 2023 for an extended holiday up to 6 months, as this would require me taking extended leave from my job and arranging an apartment rental in Tokyo I would prefer to have a visa in place prior to making the necessary commitments, rather than applying for an extension to a 90 visa once in Japan.
Is it possible to get a 180 visa from the Japanese Embassy in the UK before I depart?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
by JohnJBD  

Re: Can you get a 180 day tourist Visa? 2022/12/6 12:06
No.

90 days is the maximum for a temp visitor upon entry. You will have to apply for the 90 day extension once there.

Or travel out of Japan for one day. And return the following calender day.

Both are not guaranteed.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can you get a 180 day tourist Visa? 2022/12/7 08:08
For others on the forum that want a longer answer, the actual answer is yes. While the normal permit (not a visa) that is granted on arrival for people from visa waiver countries is usually for 90 days (not everyone gets 90 days, some only 15 or 30 days) with some countries (including the UK) eligible for an additional 90 day extension, there is a designated activities visa (sightseeing) that is 180 days up to one year.
I answered this on the TA forum yesterday.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread