Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Japanese Husband 2022/12/6 22:51
I am a Filipina currently living in Manila, Philippines. I was married to a Japanese citizen in 2014 here in the Philippines, after that my Japanese husband go back to Japan, end month of January also and he said he will wait for me in Japan. After marriage i applied for a visa going to Japan. After waiting for a few months was visa was denied for an unknown reason. I never been to Japan. I told my husband that my visa was denied going to Japan, after that he didnt contact me anymore (2014 few months after the marriage) until now December 2022. I dont know what happened to him, no contact at all. I cannot contact his mobile number. His address in Fukuoka (registered in our marriage contract) his no longer staying there as i know. How to know if he is still alive?
by Sayoka (guest)  

Re: Japanese Husband 2022/12/7 08:51
You would better to visit Japanese embassy in Manila and show your marriage certificate and your husband's contact information and address in Japan then maybe the embassy staff will help you in this regard. Because all the Japanese citizens are registered with government along with their address and contact numbers.
by MD (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Husband 2022/12/7 14:16
I contacted them but sadly they cannot help me.
by Sayoka (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Husband 2022/12/7 15:00
@Sayoka,
That is the best way to contact but unfortunately, they don't help you.
You don't have your husband friend's contact number?
by MD (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Husband 2022/12/7 15:05
I do not have. I called the city hall in Fukuoka, Japan.. where he lives before, but im a having a hard time talking to them since my nihonggo is not good. I think no one speaks english..i ask them many times, they keep on transferring my call, then hang up

Re: Japanese Husband 2022/12/7 21:07
you should hire a lawyer in Japan, otherwise you can't do anything remotely from Philippine.
fundamentally you can't get any personal information by phone calling.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Husband 2022/12/7 23:55
The phone numbers for Fukuoka City Consultation Support Center for Foreign Residents are

0120-66-1799 (toll free from Japan) and
092-262-1799

From overseas, you'd be putting the country code +81 and omit the first zero, so it would be +81-92-262-1799.

I don't know how much they'd be able to help you, but at least the city hall would be among the reliable organizations.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese Husband 2022/12/8 15:35
Thank you very much for this information.

reply to this thread