Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Wrong house no right post code 2022/12/11 16:33
Hello I ordered something online but when checking out I didn’t realise I put the wrong house number I put 2392-22 instead of 2393-22. Everything else was correct, the building name, prefecture, Town, city and postcode.

Do you think it will still arrive or will it get delivered to the wrong address or held at the post office?
by MattyB (guest)  

Re: Wrong house no right post code 2022/12/11 20:01
It will most likely be sent back to the sender, because the resident's name at the wrong address would not fit yours. But if the wrong address is a real address, and the person living there hasn't put out his/her name, then it can be delivered to that wrong address, and the person there might receive it thinking it's his/hers.

What you can do, however, is to talk to your local delivery office. If it's to be sent by Japan Post, talk to your local central post office. If it's Yamato, then talk to Yamato, and so on. So, you need to check how it's going to be sent.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Wrong house no right post code 2022/12/11 22:58
Thank you for your help, the company is Sagara Express.

I have tried to change the address online but so far have been unsuccessful as it is not out for delivery yet.

It says on their website that I need to phone the local sales office to change the delivery address. Which I will try to do tomorrow, do you think this is possible if I only speak English and not Japanese?
by MattyB (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Wrong house no right post code 2022/12/12 00:25
I’d say it’s unlikely their local office will have someone who speaks English. So better call with a Japanese friend/ coworker…
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Wrong house no right post code 2022/12/12 23:34
Ate-saki o machigae-mashita.
(The address of the receiver is wrong.)

"----" wa machigai desu.
("----" is wrong.)

Tadashiku wa "/////" desu.
(Correct address is "/////".)

Be sure you have the お問い合わせ番号 (delivery code of your item).

I hope it helps.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Wrong house no right post code 2022/12/12 23:58
Thank you everyone for your help, I managed to fax the local sales office yesterday and the parcel has bow been delivered successfully to the correct address.

by MartyB (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread