Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Visit Japan Web - registering 13 year old 2022/12/13 11:59
Visit Japan Web - my 13 year old has only had 2 vaccinations, so i can't completely register him on Visit Japan Web as it asks for the date of the 3rd vaccination (my wife & I have successfully registered). We have bought a Japan Rail Pass so we need a tourist visa stamp anyway. Is it best to forget about Visit Japan Web and the QR codes and go manually through customs / immigration, or should we take the QR codes and ask for the visa stamp?
Geoff
by Geoff Cummings (guest)  

Re: Visit Japan Web - registering 13 year old 2022/12/13 19:40
How you complete the vaccination-status-check does not have any impact on the immigration process. You will end up with the same immigration officer
(at least this was the case in october in Haneda).

I would complete the check online as far as possible. At best it will save you a lot of time, at worst your time spent doing that at home will be lost.

We had our daughter (7) with us and she was registered to my wifes account, which was thus yellow. We were allowed to use the same lane as anyone checked 'blue'.
by DrRodriges (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web - registering 13 year old 2022/12/13 20:00
Visit Japan app has 3 QR codes - vaccine, disembarkation card for immigration and customs for customs. Even if you do not complete vaccine QR you can still make your life a little bit easier by completing those other two.
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web - registering 13 year old 2022/12/13 20:18
Also there is not much difference between having vaccine QR code and showing vacc certificate / PCR test. Its just that showing and scanning QR is quicker and they will probably have officials who will be doing only the code scanning, the rest with certificates will go to different official who will have to read through certificate which is slower.
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Visit Japan Web - registering 13 year old 2022/12/17 11:40
Thanks so much for the replies, much appreciated
by Geoff Spicoli rate this post as useful

reply to this thread