Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

English Version of JR Cyber Station 2022/12/16 20:06
I just noticed that JR Cyberstation, which gives generalized seat availability information for shinkansen and JR limited express trains, is available in English. I have used the Japanese site a lot for trip planning in the past but I never saw an gEnglishh button on the page before. Have I been missing something, or is this new?

https://www.jr.cyberstation.ne.jp/index_en.html#
by Kim (guest)  

Re: English Version of JR Cyber Station 2022/12/17 08:27
A quick bit of research, it is not "new" as the English version has been in place since at least the start of the year, but the change was made some time since the beginning of 2020 (i.e. during the pandemic). I could narrow the change date down a bit, but that would take a bit of time.
Probably because many people have not used the website during the border closures it shows up as a change now rather than when it happened. (I only used the site very occasionally in the past - it is a useful tool.)
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: English Version of JR Cyber Station 2022/12/17 09:07
I see. Thanks! I have been using the Japanese site for the last month or so and I guess I just didnft even notice the English button. Sheeshc It makes it a lot easier, not having to switch to Japanese input and make sure I have the right kanji for the stations.

I have used Cyber Station a lot in the past, both for figuring out which reservations are the highest priorty for me to book as soon as I get to Japan and activate my rail pass, and more generally for getting fast, concise information on all the limited express trains that stop between two given cities. Especially when I have luggage, I sometimes make gunconventionalh use of LEx trains to avoid commuter trains, and it can be hard to get this information with the usual route finders. The gconventional linesh search on Cyberstation brings up a useful list.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread