Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kamikochi and Shinhotaka Ropeway 2022/12/18 00:11
Hi fellow travellers, I plan to come to Matsumoto on April 28, 2023 and then to visit Kamikochi and Shinhotaka Ropeway on April 29 and 30. On May 2, 2023 I plan to go back to Tokyo. I know my date of visit coincides with the golden week holiday in Japan, therefore I am a bit worry. My questions are:
1. Should I stay at Matsumoto as a base to visit Kamikochi and Shinhotaka or maybe Hirayu Onsen/Takayama will be a better option especially considering the golden week timing?
2. Is it possible to do a daytrip from Matsumoto to Shinhotaka Ropeway ? I plan to ride the ropeway and also enjoy the onsen dip at Shinhotaka onsen town.
3. How is the traffic condition from Matsumoto to Kamikochi and Shinhotaka Ropeway during the golden week holiday?

Thanks in advance for your comments and advice.
by Irawan (guest)  

Re: Kamikochi and Shinhotaka Ropeway 2022/12/18 16:53
1. Personally, I recommend staying in Kamikochi for one night, even though the accommodation fee is expensive and there may be a lot of people.
During the morning hours (until 10 o'clock?), there are only hotel guests, so I think you can take a leisurely stroll compared to the time when day-trippers visit.
If you stay one night, you can enjoy both routes from Taisho Pond to Kappa Bridge and from Kappa Bridge to Myojin Pond. It may be possible to go on a day trip, but the schedule will be tight.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread