Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Question about minshuku booking 2022/12/19 14:24
When looking at minshuku (around Awaji island) and the reviews on Google, I notice most minshuku has shared bathroom and non-genders specified. Most of the Japanese reviews deducted stars due to this. From the photo, seems the bathroom generally has 2 showers. Bath can be used at certain hours.

These minshuku, similar to ryokan, also have several meal plans.

Question:
1. For the bathroom arrangement, does it mean the it functions like normal shared bathroom (e.g. taking turns, only 1 person can use the bathroom at a time)? If so, is it ok if 2 person go in a the same time if there are 2 or more showers?

2. For the bath usage time, does it mean we can only shower but can't dip? Or can't use the shower at all?

3. For the meal plan, can the guests for 1 room choose different meal plan? For example my partner choose beef course and I choose fish course.

Thank you for the advise!
by Moccy  

Re: Question about minshuku booking 2022/12/19 17:41
The specifics would depend on the individual inn. Can you name one so that I can look at it in details in Japanese and figure it out? :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Question about minshuku booking 2022/12/20 13:43
Thank you AK for the help!

These are 2 of the minshukus I'm looking at:

http://www.awaji-atsuhama.com/facilities.php#no4
The minshuku has a bathroom with 3 showers and it's shift system.

https://kanchousou.com/facilities/
This minshuku provides hot spring bath which can be booked.

Both provide plans with various meal. I'm thinking to order a blowfish meal and wondering if my partner can order different dish (from their non seasonal plan) or if we both have to order same meal.
by Moccy rate this post as useful

Re: Question about minshuku booking 2022/12/20 14:18
For the first gminshuku,h they will alternate which gender can use the bath - so for example, from 3pm to 5pm, males only, 5 pm - 7 pm, females only. So if you a woman, youfd be using the bath with other woman guests. (I donft know at what interval they will switch the genders between 3 pm and 10 pm.)

The meal plan - in the Japanese page, they say for blowfish course (and also for the summer-only course) it is gminimum 2 personsh gstarting from 2 people,h so the two of you would have to order the same course.

For the second one, they have baths that you can book as a group, so that if you are a couple, you can book the bath to yourselves for 1, 2 hours.
About the course, they do not specifically say gminimum X people.h But when I go to the travel agentsf booking page, they only have plans in units of g1 room, 2 people,h so i assume the same course will be provided to the 2 people who come together. (Specially for the winter ghot poth type of dish, even regular restaurants tend to have this gminimum 2h condition.)

The above is what I (a Japanese) can read off from the Japanese pages of the 2 places.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread