Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2022/12/28 17:16
We are flying to Chubu Centrair aiport from Narita on 4th April and want to take the high speed boat from there over to Tsu, Mie where we shall hire a car and go down to stay in and explore the Ise Peninsular for a few days.
I hope someone can tell me if we need to make a booking for the boat?

Our flight is scheduled to arrive at 11.40am and as far as I can see the next boat goes at 2.00pm. Would this be enough time for us to pick up our luggage and get to the boat terminal?

Please can someone send me information about taking the boat and perhaps booking tickets in advance?
by yeshekathy  

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2022/12/28 18:17
It seems you can book in advance here:

https://www.tsu-airportline.co.jp/reserve/#r-web

All in Japanese.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2022/12/29 07:49
But their reservation site has English page.

https://yoyaku.tipas.jp/Tsu/EN/Common/Top.aspx
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2022/12/29 21:02
Hmmm so I tried to work through this site for a booking on 4th April - didn't get far. Then I tried to join up, but couldn't find a way to put in my CC details. The site just didn't seem to work very well in English sigh...
Does anyone have any recommendation about how to make bookings in Japan. Is there a reliable simple travel agent who can do these things for us.
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2022/12/29 22:24
Itfs likely way too early. Eg JR booking only starts 1 month before departure.
4/Apr is a pretty average Tuesday so my guess is that the ferry wonft be booked out.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2022/12/30 06:30
Thank you - I do like to have things booked ahead but I guess I'll have to wait.

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2022/12/30 06:39
ps I do have trouble making bookings in Japan.

Not so much accommodation which is now very easy, but trains and boats like this - as well as the Ghibli Museum to which I really want to take my grand-daughter.

Is there an agency we can ask to do these things for us.
regards and thanks

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2023/3/5 16:44
I have been trying to do this booking now that the bookings for April are open but am having so much trouble.

They ask me for a confirmation number but the email they sent me is all in Japanese and Google translate doesn't make it very clear.

Is there any agency that can make such bookings for me? We arrive in Narita on 3rd April, Fly to Chubu on 4th and need to take the boat straight away to get to Tsu to pick up our car to drive to Ise.
I can't find a way to get through the site... need some help.

regards Kathy

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2023/3/6 21:05
Just in case anyone is following this... we never could book online (needed all sorts of information we couldn't provide) and eventually had to ring the number on the website. A very lovely lady struggled with her English but managed to book us onto the boat we wanted and gave us a reference number.

Re: High speed boat from Chubu to Tsu Mie 2023/3/8 21:44
I have had a good result. I bravely rang the company and found a delightful lady who, in spite of her limited English, managed to book us on the boat we wanted and sent me an email with our reservation number.

Lovely experience and reminded me just how much I love Japan and Japanese people.

reply to this thread