Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2022/12/30 17:40
I plan to have a road trip from Mishima Station to Kawaguchiko ( I plan to drive in kawaguchiko)

I have a question about that
- Is that period have a havy snow in kawaguchiko?
- Is it safe for drive on road (main road) for me who don't have an experient to drive on snow or something like that?
- If I use a snow tyre it is safe enought for me?
- Are you have any suggestion for me?

thank you every one who anwer or sugguestion.

Chainarong
by Chainarong  

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2022/12/31 08:17

The snow is rarely heavy, but sometimes it can be heavy. Sometimes, there is no snow, at all. It depends.

I wouldn't recommend driving in winter conditions without prior experience.
Why don't you use public transport?
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2022/12/31 13:17
dear Uji

sorry I don't know how to reply your post

thank you for your sugguestion

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2022/12/31 08:17

The snow is rarely heavy, but sometimes it can be heavy. Sometimes, there is no snow, at all. It depends.

I wouldn't recommend driving in winter conditions without prior experience.
Why don't you use public transport?

I want to use public transport but if I want to got kawaguchiko form kyoto with train it must use 2 hour plus from my plan then I have to arrive too late. I plan to take photo with yamanaka lake in front of fuji in evening. And I can't find how I go to my guest house at yamanaka lake by public transport. and other reason I want to drive around kawaguchi lake because if use bus it's have a fix scedule that I cant go around by the time i have.

Are you have any sugguestion about public transport for me?
by Chainarong rate this post as useful

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2022/12/31 14:41
Public transportation around the Fuji Five Lakes is not bad, but it is true that a car is much more convenient. This page explains the public transportation in the area:
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e6905.html#section_orientation
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2022/12/31 16:09
Uji you think that period is will have snow right? then you dont reccoment to drive because i dont have an experien right?

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2022/12/31 22:35
Nobody, not even Uji, can tell you whether itfs going to snow in a given location a month from now! And it can also be ice, and not snow, that makes driving dangerous. If you have never had the experience of losing control of your car on a slippery road, there is really no way to understand what it feels like. Snow tires donft eliminate the risk, they just reduce it a little bit. Also, remember that even if you donft hit something or somebody yourself, you might be hit by another driverc

I have many years of winter driving experience myself, and I wouldnft ever rent a car in Japan in the winter. Using public transportation means that I can fully enjoy the beauty of snow instead of having to worry about all of the hazards and complications. In fact, I am really looking forward to seeing snowy landscapes (from a train) in Japan in February! Where I live, snow is something that I basically dread and hate.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2023/1/1 05:40
I am not well-informed about buses to Kawaguchiko, but I got curiousc Using Google Maps as a starting point, I was easily able to find the web site of one bus company that appears to have a daily 10:10 a.m. bus from Mishima Station direct to Kawaguchiko Station. (And you can get to Mishima by 10 if you get up and leave Kyoto early enough.) The bus takes 80 minutes, which is likely no more than it would take you to pick up a rental car and drive yourself. This should be good enough for you to get to your guest house and take pictures. (Although gin the eveningh in January, it will probably be too dark to take pictures!) If you canft figure out how to get to the guest house from the station, the guest house would surely be able to tell you. Itfs possible they might even come to pick you up.
https://www.fujikyucitybus.com/highwaybus/kawaguchiko.html

Unfortunately, the bus company site appears to be Japanese only, but maybe you could use a translator app or something. And if you need reservations, or advice about other buses, you might be able to get someone at a tourist information center to help you. The Kansai Tourist Information Center in Kyoto (in the Kyoto Tower building) is particularly good, although I donft know if this is one of the services they can provide. If you can make a reservation yourself before you leave for Japan itfs probably better.

Other forum members with more experience and/or better Japanese skills than I have might be able to confirm that the Fujikyu City highway bus would in fact work for you (assuming you can leave Kyoto early enough), or provide other suggestions. As for getting around Kawaguchiko by bus, the options are a lot better than in many other places in Japan. Or possibly you could rent a car in Kawaguchiko if when you get there the roads are all free of ice and snow. Or use cabs, if you want more flexibility than buses can provide.

I hope you have a good (and safe) trip!

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2023/1/3 13:55
a lot of thanks, Kim. I respect on you and Uji. I looking to revised my trip plan by use public transport and give up with go to take sunset at yamanaka lake. Now i plan to stay at some where at the noth of the kawaguchi lake to take a sunrise at that place. Now I find the way that can go around the lake after that. I have one place that host tell that he can pick up at station and have a car to rent (if want) it's more cheeper than other too (lol).

May be reduce the place to visit lol and I plan to go to tokyo in late afternoon or evening.

thank you you both Uji and Kim.

And if other has any sugguesstion please feel free to talk. Thanks all.

Re: how road from mishima to kawaguchiko late Jan 2023/1/3 21:06
It sounds like you have made some good adjustments! I always make a lot of changes to my itinerary between the gfirst drafth and the final plan, and I tend to visit a lot fewer places than many other people do. I try to plan my transportation so that it is enjoyable and trouble-free in itself, and it becomes a pleasant part of a day that doesnft include a lot of different places to visit. But of course, everyone is different.

I hope you have a great trip and get some nice photos of Mt. Fuji! The photo opportunities tend to be much better in the morning than in the evening anywayc

reply to this thread