Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Leaving Eikaiwa School Due to Anxiety 2023/1/2 02:35
I was a teacher then thrown into an assistant manager role at an Eikaiwa, but unfortunately due to the way things are run by the owner Ifve developed anxiety and am extremely unhappy with what Ifm told to do, put through as well as the way things are.

Ifm hoping to work through till the end of the school year(end of March). I believe with the civil act I could just give two weeks but Ifm debating whether I should give notice as soon as I secure a job or one/two months before.

Ifm also worried that if I quit the owner might come after me if the school has to shut down as a result of me leavingc You can see I have a lot of worries!

I donft own the Eikaiwa at all btw, just working under a contract. The contract notice is 30 days after all and since itfs the end of contract that should make things alright right?

I expect hell or yame-hara from the moment I announce it but does anyone have any advice with the situation? Just wanna be free from this anxiety, wouldnft wanna put anyone through the things Ifve had to experience. Thanks for reading, I hope someone can help!
by JapanExpat2023  

Re: Leaving Eikaiwa School Due to Anxiety 2023/1/2 14:03
Just quit. Go elsewhere. Don't make it a drama.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Leaving Eikaiwa School Due to Anxiety 2023/1/2 14:35
Sorry to hear of your situation.

If the contract says 30 daysf notice, and if you comply with that at the end of the contract, that should be fine. Be sure to check there is no gnon-competeh clause in the contract (which there shouldnft be in English conversation schools - people do change companies, but just to be sure).
Also, considering that the contract is to be renewed by March-end (i hope your current resident status is longer beyond that), your employer is likely to approach you sometime maybe in February or so to ask if you are OK to continue; since youfll never know exactly when that might be, i hope you are already looking for a new employer, so that youfll be ready with an answer. Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread