Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/4 18:19
Sharing to see if somebody is experiencing the same or have experience it.

Dec 1st company lawyer submitted application for Eng COE.

Dec 19th company lawyer mentioned that they received the notice of the completion of your CoE application from the Immigration Bureau and proceeded with the final process to obtain the CoE.

Up to date Jan 4th no COE. I need to be in Japan for work related topics next week.
by Seb (guest)  

Re: Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/5 14:21
One month is hardly delayed.

Will be a week longer due to new years holidays.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/5 22:10
Do you happen to be from a country where you can enter Japan as Temporary Visitor just with your passport for short-term business trip/sightseeing?

If yes, then (please check with your company lawyer though) you might just be able to come to Japan on that Temporary Visitor status on a gbusiness trip,h and if the CoE is issued WHILE you are in Japan on that business trip, you gmighth be allowed to change status from Temporary Visitor to Engineer.
(I am assuming your future full-time work here once you get your CoE then visa would be a lot longer than the your need gto be in Japan for work related topicsh next week.)

The above is what i know from an expert in the field, but I am not a lawyer, so please do check it with your companyfs lawyer. In recent years, Immigration has been strict with any change from temporary visitor to other long-term resident status (such as employer-sponsored ones) while staying in Japan, but if the CoE happens to be issued while that person is in Japan for some reason, that seems to be allowed, though on a case-by-case basis.

But I agree with the above poster - one month is definitely not gdelayed.h Best wishes.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/6 00:22
Thanks both for the reply. I still need a visitor visa to go to Tokyo, that is the issue. Lawyer contacted immigration, same answer about backlog and to wait. Nothing else to do. This is the 2nd time I am getting a COE I lived in Tokyo for 3 years before, last time it took 2 weeks to be issued.
by Seb (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/6 08:59
Just because you got is super quick one time doesn't mean it will happen every time.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/6 09:21
I see your situation. That cannot be helped. Recently the time till CoE issuance has been taking far longer than what you experienced before.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/18 11:35
My company submitted docs mid-august 2022 for SSW visa at Nagoya immigration Shizouka branch.its been 5months , and still havent recieve COE. The company responds "only wait" but how long?
by Elayy rate this post as useful

Re: Delayed arrival of confirmed COE 2023/1/18 11:49
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread