Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

About leaving Japan prematurely... 2023/1/8 23:20
My mother and my relatives are currently in a predicament regarding the long-term resident visa, and what might happen if a person leaves Japan way before the intended expiration date of their visas.

Yes, they are well aware that they would have to reapply a COE and a visa again because of it's single-entry nature, but we're talking about something different here. Will leaving extremely earlier than the intended stay period (Example, around 6-7 months prior to the expiration of a one year long-term resident visa) cause suspicion or concern from the Immigration or Embassy the next time around when the person applies for a visa again? This has already happened with my cousin who left Japan four months into her long-term visa due to her academics.

There are certain reasons as to why this might happen. One is that my brother might need to return home six months into his one-year visa due to his academics. The other is that he changes his mind and that he wants to return with me after I visit Japan.
by TwoSling (guest)  

Re: About leaving Japan prematurely... 2023/1/9 10:34
First of all, I have several questions. What type of visa do you have right now? Is a period of stay granted is one year? So, you lived in Japan approximately 4 months and would like to leave Japan and come back after 6-7 months? Definitely, if you leave Japan and will not come back before your visa will expire; then you should reapply to CoE again: But, when Immigration asks you when you will come back and if you mention that you cannot come back before your residence permit ezpires, then Immigration Authorities will give you a paper, which you should fill in. It is a paper that confirms that you are leaving Japan and refuses from your residence. But, if you are able to come back before your residence permit expires, then you should only fill in gre-entryh form and submit it to Immigration Inspector with your passport while leaving Japan. It would he suspicious if you leave Japan without even living 1 year (permission that you have). So, there can be so many questions, I would recommend to contact with Immigration Services, since they know better than anyone else here.
by John (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: About leaving Japan prematurely... 2023/1/9 13:33
It's about my brother's long-term resident visa, valid for one year. The issue is that there is a chance that he may need to leave Japan 6 months into the validity of his visa, and he will not be using the remaining six months because he has returned to The Philippines by then. That is, if he has to return and he has no choice but to pursue his schooling in The Philippines.

It's fine if he uses the entirety of his visa duration and leave this all behind, but my mother and my brother himself says that he doesn't want to stop schooling at all. I don't want to delve into the issue any further and I am just asking if that could cause a suspicion if he leaves way early before his visa expires.
by TwoSling (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread