Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ashikaga Flower Park without luggage 2023/1/10 10:14
We are visiting Japan in October 2023 and will be travelling from Tokyo to Nikko using a JR Pass, detouring to Ashikaga Flower Park on the way. We wish to leave our luggage (only 2 suitcases) safely at either Oyama Station or at Ashikaga Flower Park on the way into the park and collect it a few hours later before travelling north to Nikko. Is this possible? What costs are likely to be involved? Is it better to use a Takuhaiban (Takkyubin) service instead and carry our overnight requirements with us, as this service is next-day delivery? Should we bypass Ashikaga Flower Park completely at this time of year?
by Jann Callioni (guest)  

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park without luggage 2023/1/10 15:36
As far as I remember, the Ashikaga Flower Park station was pretty small.
Oyama station seems to have some coin lockers, the largest size being 35 x 87 x 57cm (not too many), which costs 700 yen per day.
If your suitcase is quite big, forwarding it with Takuhaibin would be more convenient.

The park itself has some (but not many) coin lockers at the entrance.

The parkfs blog from October 2022 was like this:
https://www.ashikaga.co.jp/parkdayori/flower.php?srym=202210

THey seem to have amethyst sage and autumn rose blooming around that time of the year.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga Flower Park without luggage 2023/1/10 22:59
Yes the station at the park is VERY small. Best to either ship luggage or leave it at a larger station you are going to pass through again. I personally would ship it. The cost difference to storage isnft that huge.

Anyway, if you go to Ashikaga flower park , donft miss out on Kurota museum just across the road. For me this was the highlight of my day out at Ashikaga.

https://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/2020/02/4-prefectures-3-days-d...
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread