Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Bringing a pet, no designated laboratory? 2023/1/12 14:01
Hi, I am a bit confused.

We plan to come with our cat from Canada, but there is no designated lab in Canada.

Does this mean that the rabies antibodies blood test needs to be sent internationally to some other designated lab?

Has anyone had any experience with this - how long does it take, and what is the process involved?

Thanks!
by Conan Barbarian  

Re: Bringing a pet, no designated laboratory? 2023/1/13 14:27
Unrelated to the travelc
You will need to rent an apartment that allows for pets. Most donft. Or buy your own place.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing a pet, no designated laboratory? 2023/1/13 17:28
Thanks for the heads up.
We're actually going to rent a house (which are mostly pet-friendly as far as I saw on realestate sites).
And we will buy or build a house a bit later down the road.
by Conan Barbarian rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing a pet, no designated laboratory? 2023/1/13 18:21
Dear Conan Barbarian,

I have found a Site with some helpful informations for your Question about moving with a Cat to Japan:

https://petraveller.com.au/blog/bringing-your-pet-dog-or-cat-to-japan-...

Your cat seems to need a Microchip and as a next step at least two shots of Vaccination against rabies, because canada is a non-designated region for Japan. All of this takes quite a while... the further steps like rabies antibody testing and sending it to designated laboratories recognised by the Japanese Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries are explained on the site.

If your Cat donLt meet Japanfs import requirements, your pet will be quarantined for up to 180 days or can be forced to return to the country of origin. :-/

I hope this informations would be helpful for you.

Greetings from Germany,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Bringing a pet, no designated laboratory? 2023/1/14 17:19
Appreciate the information!
by Conan Barbarian rate this post as useful

reply to this thread