Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Estimate time until I can hop on NEX 2023/1/16 17:59
Hello
I will touch down at Narita Terminal 2 about 7am.
After clearing the immigration and collected my luggage, I would need to go to the JR Office to get my JR Pass using the Exchange Order.
May I ask for an estimate time that I can hop onto Narita Express to Tokyo, please?
Thank you.
by LIM LM (guest)  

Re: Estimate time until I can hop on NEX 2023/1/17 17:54
From landing to the train platform it should take between 1h30m (bit unrealistic though) and 3h. Personally I would expect 2h+ including JR pass exchange.
by haens (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Estimate time until I can hop on NEX 2023/1/17 18:38
I will be there next week, do you expect Japan to hire more officers in order to smooth this transition?
by cochese rate this post as useful

Re: Estimate time until I can hop on NEX 2023/1/17 18:48
Currently I don't believe that it will be smoother anytime soon. They're understaffed and a lot of services not operating (like the limusine buses to nearly all destinations).
Also a useful hint: If you want to make use of tax free purchases try to avoid automated gates as you will need the stamp in the passport (somehow you can get into the country without that stamp and will not be able to make any tax free purchases). I was at a manned gate so no idea if its true or not, there were just a few signs around in stores
by max (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread