Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/17 08:41
I'm a bit mystified about how proof of vaccination is expected to be provided. Our government provides an app that securely stores our vaccination status & details, and it can be switched to English, but is this recognised as valid proof?

I'm from The Netherlands, so also from the EU. This app is valid throughout the EU, but I'm not sure that Japan even knows about this app. I'm not personally aware of being able to obtain any paper documents, other than the exact same documentation that this app provides, as a printout.

I've watched this video: https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2221.html - and unfortunately, I am none the wiser. It just talks about "proof of vaccination", but what exactly is that?

So long story short: what exactly qualifies as vaccination proof?
by thany  

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/17 14:44
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/17 16:19
Dear thani,

as proof you need the "EU Digital COVID Certificate", which includes a QR-Code on each Certivicate.
For every single one of vaccination-"round" you need a single one of Certificate.
In Germany, I get my Certivicates in pharmacys, after I get my vaccination. ( I get a stamp from my doctor in my yellow vaccination Pass. With that proof, the pharmacist could make me a Certificate.)

This certivicates must be uploaded in the "Visit Japan App" to proof you have at least your three shots of Vaccine. ( I've scanned the Documents and uploaded it in the App). To be 100% sure, take a copy of the Certivicates around with you, if you are traveling in Japan. ( For the unfortunately situation that your mobile phone with your scanned certificates doesn't work at the needed moment). I must never show this, as I'm traveling around, but you never know...

I hope this helps you a little bit.

Greetings from Germany,
Vio
by Vio (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/17 17:23
I have git this Dutch certificate and no problem.
It is actually possible to get a paper print out. I dont remeber exactly how I did it, but it was quite easy. Maybe you need your Dutch DigiID for it. But anyway for the entry to Japan you cam take screen shots and upload in tge Japanese entry app.

Within Japan when I need to show vaccination proof (sometime when I was traveling and using discounted hotel rates with the government funds - only available to residents) I use the Durch app.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/22 11:28
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the replies! It was really helpful :)

I'm filling in my stuff on the Visit Japan Web. I do have some additional question about this if that's alright.

We fly on a codeshare flight and it says to enter the flight number of the "main flight", but I don't know many flights jargon. In our case, it is an "ANA flight, operated by Lufthansa". So I'm guessing I should enter the Lufthansa flight number? That'just s a wild guess. Is it correct?

Second, the site also allows me to register family members. It's quite prominent, but am I correct in understanding that this is *really only* meant for members who are not able to do it themselves? And then everyone else who's travelling with me should create their own account and basically duplicate my entry? The person I'm flying with, is just a bit insecure about using a computer for official stuff, but is theoretically able to do it. Is it best to just go and visit her to do it together, or should I register her with me?
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/22 11:53
Hi!

When I was flying, a code shared UAL and ANA flight, I believe I put in the ANA information because that was the flight that would be physically landing in Japan. So I would use whichever is the airline your flight is actually physically on.

So if the plane you will actually land in Japan on is a Luftsana Flight I would put that, but if the flight you are physically landing on the tarmac with is ANA, put the ANA one.

If they are an adult with their own separate cell phone I would give them their own account. I added my tween, but she is a tween and doesn't own her own cell phone.

But I would think if the person is with you in the room, you could set up their own account for them.
by rkold rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/22 12:14
read instruction manual.
https://www.vjw.digital.go.jp/manual/main/visitjapanweb_manual_en.pdf

page 33
Those who are unable to complete procedures alone, such as
babies and infants, can be registered as family members traveling
with you.
they expect babies and infants as family members.

about code-share.
page 66
For code-share flight, "enter the main operator flight number"
"ANA flight, operated by Lufthansa" means the plane, pilots, and CA are Lufthansa. input "Lufthansa" number.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/23 03:08
Thought so, my suspicions are confirmed :)

Thank you for the replies. Cheers!
by thany rate this post as useful

Re: Vaccination proof, what qualifies? 2023/1/23 10:28
From what I've read on the official government site, you don't even need to show proof of vaccination to enter Japan. As long as you have a negative test 3 days before hand of travel, you're fine.
by tom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread