Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/1/17 20:46
Hey,
Today, I've received a mail from immigration office asking about some documents.
They want me to attach translation if the language of the document is not Japanese (which is obviously not!lol) It's English.
What kind of Japanese translation is needed and how official should it be? Can I ask for a colleague to translate it for me to attach? Or do I need to go through all those official notary/ ministry of foreign affairs verification stuff? They didn't mention any details, so I'm a bit lost. I would appreciate if somebody with previous experience enlighten me.

Thank you in advance.
by Pary (guest)  

Re: Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/1/18 13:38
I applied for my PR a year ago or so and never had to submit any translations of anything whatsoever. Might I ask what these documents are? Kinda curious now.

When I previously submitted translated documents for another visa I just did the translation myself lol, if I remember correctly.
by King of the World (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/1/18 14:45
Thank you for your reply.
Documents such as university degree, certificate of employment.
Any other idea?
by Pary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/1/18 15:42
Oh wow, your degree? I didn't have to do that probably because I went via the spouse route. As for the employment letter/certificate, I work in a Japanese company so it naturally came in Japanese when I asked for it.

I'd say give your local immigration office a call to check, they'll give you the best answer. That's what I did.
by King of the World (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/1/18 17:02
You can translate it by yourself or ask your Japanese friend to translate it for you.
Immigration officer just need the translated version of your documents.....
by DM (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/1/18 20:10
Thank you guys,
Your answers helped me a lot.
I guess I will ask a colleague to do it for me.

Thank you!
by Pary (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/1/19 17:01
Make sure they 'hanko' it and write name and contact.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Japanese translation of documents for PR? 2023/8/30 12:49
A translation from a bilingual colleague might suffice. However, for important or legal documents, you usually need a certified translation. This involves an accredited translator who can provide a signed statement vouching for the accuracy of the translation.
by Cerve rate this post as useful

reply to this thread