Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Hakone Day 2/3 day pass worth it? 2023/1/22 12:04
Hi everyone!

Ielol be traveling to Japan in May and need some help deciding if the Hakone day pass is worth it since we will be going to Hakone and not returning to Tokyo. Please let me know your thoughts- thank you!!

We will be landing in Tokyo and then traveling to Hakone and then going to kyoto.

We want to go to Hakone but not sure if the Hakone Day pass is worth it ( we also plan to do a lot of the Hakone attractions - open air museum/hot springs), Hakone line
by Mafer (guest)  

Re: Hakone Day 2/3 day pass worth it? 2023/1/22 18:51
If you are going to do the Hakone loop, then the pass that you can buy at Odawara is worth it. (I assume you will take HR Shinkansen train to Odawara to visit Hakone.) That version is for means of transport gwithinh Hakone only, but covers all the different rides, saves you money, and saves you the hassle of buying individual y to i keys for each ride.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Day 2/3 day pass worth it? 2023/1/23 08:55
The Hakone pass is definitely worth it. Hakone has so many great experiences along their different transportations (notable up to Owakudani and through Lake Ashi), and having a pass that covers all of them is incredibly convenient.
by Celty (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Hakone Day 2/3 day pass worth it? 2023/1/23 09:23
The pass is really only worthwhile IF you do the expensive pieces like the boat across the lake, ropeway, cable car plus the other various buses and trains.
If you are just doing something like heading to Gora or not doing the "loop", the pass is very bad value for money.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread