Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

JR Tokyo Wide Pass 2023/1/23 05:13
Can someone tell me how I can use the JR Tokyo Wide Pass and what supplemental fees I need to pay to travel to the following:

Day 1:
Asakusa Station to Kakurinbo Temple Lodge
Kakurinbo is in Mount Minobu. Closest station is Minobu station then take a bus to Minobu San.

Day 2:
Minobu San bus station to Minobu Station to Kawaguchiko Station

Day 3:
Kawaguchiko Station back to Shinjuku Station

Is it worth it to purchase the pass for this 3 day Itinerary? Or pay individually?

Thank you so much for your time.
by miara rigawa  

Re: JR Tokyo Wide Pass 2023/1/23 07:59
Day 1:
Asakusa Station to Kakurinbo Temple Lodge
Kakurinbo is in Mount Minobu. Closest station is Minobu station then take a bus to Minobu San.

Around 1000 yen if you take the local train from Kofu to Minobu. Around 1500 yen if you take a limited express train. The pass saves you around 2500 yen for the Tokyo-Kofu trip.

Day 2:
Minobu San bus station to Minobu Station to Kawaguchiko Station

Same as above. The pass saves you 1500 yen compared to the bus you could take from Kofu to Kawaguchiko. 2000 yen if compared to the cost of the train ride.

Day 3:
Kawaguchiko Station back to Shinjuku Station

Fully covered. The pass covers you around 2000 yen compared to the bus ride back to Tokyo or 2500 yen if compared to the train ride.

Is it worth it to purchase the pass for this 3 day Itinerary? Or pay individually

Total saved: 6,000 - 7,500 yen
Cost of pass: 10,180 yen

As you can see, the savings are not large enough to justify the pass.
by Uji rate this post as useful

reply to this thread