Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/28 22:56
Will I be able to buy two cartons of 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer from this Asahi Brewery in Osaka? Will it be possible to arrange for the beer to be delivered to the hotel I will be staying? Thank you.
by Esther Lim (guest)  

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/29 08:55
If you organise it yourself. Sure.

But you are wanting to buy a easily available product Japan wide. So I doubt they'll offer a service for delivery. IT not hard to find Yamazaki whiskey for example.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/29 09:22
135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer is not sold in many stores.
because of its small size.
Yodobashi offers free delivery.
However, the site is only in Japanese.
https://www.yodobashi.com/product/100000001004198674/
If it is Amazon, the price is a little high, but English notation is also possible.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3%83%BC%E3%83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%89...
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/29 09:26
ª
I couldn't move to the Amazon link I pasted earlier, so please copy and paste the URL and display it.

Re: link 2023/1/29 09:43
haro1210:
> I couldn't move to the Amazon link I pasted earlier, so please copy and paste the URL and display it.

How about this?
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0029ZFY1O?language=en_US&cy=JPY
by omotenashi rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/29 11:39
@omotenashi

thanks for the link.
The link I posted was also movable when I saw it now.

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/29 11:48
Thank you so much everyone. I will be staying near Osaka-Umeda Station and i see one Yodobashi nearby on the map. I will surely drop by and pick them up. Thank you. I am so grateful.
by Esther Lim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/30 03:44
Hi,

This isn't an answer but more another question for others in this thread: I discovered these tiny beer cans on my last trip, and am still wondering what they are for???! Beer cocktails?

Thanks In advance,
Peter
by Peter K (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/30 08:43
I particularly enjoy this brew and use it as a substitute for soda on sunny days, and since I am always unable to finish the standard size of 330ml, these tiny cans work for me.

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/30 10:36
I think Yodobashi's mail order will be delivered from the warehouse.
Therefore, it is not always the case that 135ml boxes are sold at specific stores.
350ml is available in many stores.
I've bought 135ml beer at a convenience store before, so if you find one at a convenience store, it might be a good idea to ask if you can buy it by the box.

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/30 14:00
Thank you for the tip, haro1210. I will make a point to pop into a convenient store each time I come across one. That will increase my chance. Thank you so much.
by Esther (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/30 17:19
If you're staying in Osaka for a few days, I recommend going to Yodobashi or a convenience store first to see if you can buy boxes.
If they don't have it in stock, you can order it from another store or warehouse.
Or they might check which stores have it in stock.
If it's a nearby store, you can ask the store staff to reserve it for you and then go to the store to buy it.

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/30 18:50
Thatfs a very good idea haro1210. I will be in Osaka for a few days indeed. Will make a mental note. Thank you.

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/31 02:28
A lot of people in Japan are elderly and also rather small in body mass, and a standard-size can of beer is WAY more alcohol than they can (or want) to drink in one setting.

I used to see the tiny cans pretty often in medium-size or large supermarkets. Of course, supermarkets may be hard to find in the middle of the largest urban cities such as near Umeda Station. I never thought of looking in Yodobashi, although I did notice once that a Bic Camera store I was browsing in had a really excellent selection of alcoholic beverages, at good prices.

I wish that more premium comestibles such as craft beers and vintage wines were available in smaller sizes, not just in Japan but where I live in the U.S.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/31 02:55
Thank you Esther and Kim for your answers - makes sense! Being a craft beer fan from the UK, I've never seen cans that small - found them in a supermarket in Beppu.
Peter K.
by PPDK rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/31 10:41
There are certainly many elderly people in Japan, but my father drank 350ml cans even in his 80s.
I think it depends on your constitution.
4% of Japanese people cannot drink alcohol, 40% are sensitive to alcohol (the face turns red after drinking), and the rest are strong against alcohol (the color of their face does not change even after drinking alcohol). I think they sell it for people who are sensitive to alcohol.
By the way, I don't drink alcohol now, but I'm a strong type.
https://www.suntory.co.jp/arp/strength_weakness/#:~:text=%E9%81%BA%E4%...
People in Tohoku, Kyushu, and Kochi are said to be strong drinkers.
Kyushu (especially southern Kyushu) likes shochu, and the Tohoku region may have a lot of sake lovers. because of the production area.

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/31 14:43
As an observation, having seen these cute cans in supermarkets across the country, there are also 250ml cans available that are smaller than the usual 350ml and 500ml sizes. But, it is an expensive way to buy beer.
Also on the Yodobashi link posted above, one page up gets to the beers that they stock. Both Kirin and Sapporo also have a 135ml offering.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: 135ml Super Dry Asahi Beer 2023/1/31 23:00
Didnft realise Sapporo and Kirin also come in 135ml version. I also enjoy Sapporo beer but never tried Kirin. Good to know. And am happy that the Yodobashi link above can be auto translated by google. Thank you for the lead.

reply to this thread