Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Choosing a Ryokan in Yunishigawa Onsen 2023/1/30 03:32
I am 100% overthinking my ryokan selection, I now narrowed it down to 2 ryokans in Yunishigawa Onsen (Heike village). One is Honke Bankyu and the other one is Irodori Yukashiki Hana to Hana.
For this reason I'm looking for recommendations and suggestions from people that have been to one of those.
I initially fell in love with Honke Bankyu (the bridge looks so nice, as well as the interiors) and was pretty convinced I wanted to go there, however the website is not accessible outside Japan and some people pointed out in this forum that they want to block foreigners and they wouldn't feel too comfortable staying there. The reviews are generally positive but some people pointed out that the hospitality was not great. On top of that I'v read some reviews about bugs from the tatami and bedbugs which freaked me out a little bit.
Irodori Yukashiki Hana to Hana in the other hand it looks overall quite nice, I like that it has more onsens and they seem very nice. I'm a bit concerned that it says the temperature is 60C, which sounds like a lot.
Generally, I would even go for Irodori Yukashiki Hana to Hana but I'm wondering if Honke Bankye is simply nicer and if I would be missing out.

Huge plus would be if any of those 2 accept dietary modifications, but i dont think they do.
by Gingerbean  

Re: Choosing a Ryokan in Yunishigawa Onsen 2023/1/30 16:09
No onsen will be at 60C in the bath. They cool the water down.

Do both these ryokans have availability for the days you want to book?
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Choosing a Ryokan in Yunishigawa Onsen 2023/1/30 16:38
When I stayed at Honke Bankyu, I didn't find any bugs from the tatami and bedbugs.
Honke Bankyu has a long history, so if you are looking for newness (cleanliness), staying at Irodori Yukashiki Hana to Hana might be a good choice.
I called Honke Bankyu and told them that you cannot access the English page from abroad (Germany).
The person who answered the phone said they would check with the web rep to see if they were available.
They seemed to think they would connect from overseas.
When I checked about the open-air bath, it was no longer a mixed bath, but it seems that the river can be seen from the women's bath as well.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Choosing a Ryokan in Yunishigawa Onsen 2023/1/30 18:09
Honke Bankyu responded by phone and the server has been released, so now you can see the English page.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Choosing a Ryokan in Yunishigawa Onsen 2023/1/30 18:11
@haro1210 Wow, thanks a lot for calling! I checked the website and it's now working.
by Gingerbean rate this post as useful

reply to this thread