Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Where to use the Nationwide JR Rail Pass? 2023/2/5 09:48
I am having difficulty understanding the JR Rail Pass. Over 14 days I will be travelling to Tokyo, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Osaka and am thinking of buying the 14 day rail pass. I understand that this pass will let me travel between each city but will this pass be helpful for me to travel within each city while I'm staying there?
by Alan Frost (guest)  

Re: Where to use the Nationwide JR Rail Pass? 2023/2/5 16:17
It CAN be helpful but not a lot. It is ONLY valid on JR trains. Meaning that bus, subway and all the other train companies you canft use.
But eg if you want to go from Kyoto station to Nara and take the JR line (not Kintetsu) you can use it. Or if you want to do a day trip to Hikone from Kyoto, you can use it.

So essentially the pass needs to pay off thanks to your longer trips. And if then you can use it for some small daytrips or in a city is a nice plus.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Where to use the Nationwide JR Rail Pass? 2023/2/5 17:18
Hi Alan ....
If you only go to those places you indicated, it's not worth a 14 day pass!!!!!
Now if you make your base in Kyoto and go to Nara, Himeji, Kobe, Uji etc, which are places that you can do in one day... and they are very interesting ...then the pass is worth it, maybe not 14 days.... depends on the program ....
by pirataurbano rate this post as useful

reply to this thread