Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Kawazu sakura 2023 2023/2/7 08:17
Hi, understand that this year sakura festival is from feb 1 to 28. I will be in tokyo on 10 march and was thinking if its worthwhile to make the 2.5 hours trip down to kawazu? I read that the sakura trees will bloom till early march. Anyone knows any website where they track the bloom of the flowers so that i can make an informed decision when i am in japan next month. Thanks for your help.
by Justin (guest)  

Re: Kawazu sakura 2023 2023/2/8 10:41
According to the official website, the trees are expected about 70% blooming around February 21. Now, they seem to be mostly closed. Even around February 15, they are still expected to be only around 20% open. So, it seems that late February and early March may be the best time to visit this year:
https://kawazuzakura.jp/contact.html
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Kawazu sakura 2023 2023/2/8 11:30
Thanks alot! This will be very useful for me or whoever wants to head down to Kawazu. Never seem to be able to find these Japanese websites through google.
by Justin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawazu sakura 2023 2023/2/12 10:41
Hi,

I have a follow up question on transportation to Kawazu. I know I can take the Odoriko express to Kawazu from Tokyo. I will be using the Tokyo Wide Area pass. Can I just hop on any Odoriko express that comes along when going back to Tokyo from Kawazu? Can I reserve my seat at Kawazu station? Not sure if there are seat reservation machines at the station?

Thanks for your help.
by Justin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Kawazu sakura 2023 2023/2/12 12:42
As far as i know, Kawadu station should have a gMidori no madoguchih - a manned ticket counter where you can purchase limited express tickets.
However, i know that Odoriko trains tend to be very crowded during peak travel season that i would recommend getting a reserved seat in advance (if you have any idea just around when you might want to board a train back to Tokyo).
All seats on Odoriko trains are reserved seats (no un-reserved seating carriages). But they seem to have a gseat not assignedh ticket that you can buy, and IF there is any seat available you could take a seat.
by AK rate this post as useful

reply to this thread