Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/13 04:03
After taking the monorail from Haneda airport to Hamamatsucho, I would like to get on a taxi from there to my hotel in Asakusa.
Are there signpost in the station pointing to taxi ranks ?
If not, which exit should I follow in order to find taxis?
Thx.
by mctz666  

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/13 09:12
Head for Daimon Station.

Note, however, that there are direct trains from Haneda Airport to Asakusa!
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2430.html?aFROM=2430_3004
by Uji rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/13 09:31
Or is it Akasaka?
by . (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/13 20:44
>>Head for Daimon Station<<

Thanks Uji. But I have no desire to take a subway such as Toei Asakusa line or JR Yamanote line. Mainly because I have luggage, therefore want to avoid the crowded subway and many stairs.

Therefore, my question remains. Are there signpost in the monorail Hamamatsucho station pointing to taxi ranks ? If not, which exit should I follow in order to find taxis?
by mctz666 rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/13 23:10
There are usually a couple just parked up on the main read outside the (north?) exit/in front of the World Trade Centre. It's next to one of the Daimon Station exits. In any case if you go out onto the main road you should be at least be able to hail one even if there aren't any waiting.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/14 06:23
The taxis are in the same direction as Daimon Station is.

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/14 07:53
because I have luggage, therefore want to avoid the crowded subway and many stairs
Well, you are already taking one train with luggage, and there are stairs at the north exit. Why not just get the direct train. Everyone else getting on it at the airport will also have luggage. One direct train with no transfers - pretty simple.
Taxi will be 3000 to 4000 yen.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/14 09:28
Thanks all.

So, walking toward north, the same direction as heading toward Daimon Station, to exit onto the main road.

I hope there are many elevators in the World Trade Center. Besides, my hotel is still a walk from Toei's Asakusa station. It would be good to have a taxi drop me off in front of the hotel.

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/14 13:18
There is no more World Trade Center. It has been torn down. Hamamatsucho is a huge construction site. I don't understand why you don't opt for the direct train. There is no difference between the monorail and the Keikyu train in terms of how crowded it gets.

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/14 23:51
Thanks! Now I am tilting toward just taking a taxi from Haneda airport to my hotel in Asakusa.
My hotel is still a 10-min walk from the Toei Asakusa station, and I don't want to roll my luggage through the busy streets of Asakusa. Even if I were able to find a taxi outside the Toei Asakusa station, it would not be fair to have the taxi driver drive me for a meager fare.

Re: Taxi at monorail Hamamatsucho Station 2023/2/15 09:15
It would be a minimum fare - taxi driver would not care. You don't seem to understand people don't usually use taxis for long trips in Tokyo. For a ten minute walk, substituting a taxi is completely fine in - I do that often when travelling.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread