Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Calls from immigration during PR pocedure? 2023/2/19 21:31
Good day!
I have been applied for PR in early September 2022, and I got a letter recently in order to submit some new documents, which I did submit around 20 days ago.
I was wondering what will be the next, should I expect calls from immigration bureau? (Do they call you or investigate without involving you?) If you had any experience, I would appreciate hearing your thoughts: If you get any call from them, what were the questions about, etc.
I applied for PR after 4 years of working in Japan, as skilled worker with 70 points and a good guarantor.

Thanks!
by Kotodamashi (guest)  

Re: Calls from immigration during PR pocedure? 2023/2/20 09:04
As for me only one call, my MIL received a call from immigration office with regards to my PR application.
Just a few simple questions to confirm the address, my existence etc. Random call.
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Calls from immigration during PR pocedure? 2023/2/20 10:46
Hi there,

I applied for my PR in September 2021, went Spouse route cos I don't count as a skilled or highly skilled worker lol (it's the truth though), this is after having worked and lived for 7 years in Japan. Got called for extra documents very quickly; within a few days after my initial submission. Then I got a call from immigration a month or two later, forgot exactly when sorry. By mid December 2021 or so I got the notification postcard from immigration and went to get my PR.

Since you went via the skilled worker route the questions you'll be asked (if there's a phone call at all), will likely be very different to what I was asked. If anything I reckon they might even call your company as logically that makes sense to me, but please don't take my word for it. I essentially had a regular conversation with the immigration officer, got asked about my daily work life/schedule and how that fits in with my wife and our lives. The entire conversation was in Japanese of course.

Best of luck!
by King of the World (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread