Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/2/27 17:49
Hi All
My Visa is going to expire on Mar 23 2023, However I've already applied for the extension of the visa from the current company 4 weeks ago(Jan 29th)

I do have 2 questions
Qn1: How many days the extension process will take ?( Somebody states it's 2 to 4 weeks - it's already 4 weeks, so I'm getting worried a bit)

Qn 2 : I've got the new job offer from company B, I have to join on Apr 3,2023
Even if i got my extension in upcoming days, is it okay to switch the job suddenly ?(I'll leave properly by notifying my current employer on Mar 31st)

Someone please help me to understand the things !!

Thank you in advance !!
by Naveen (guest)  

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/2/28 10:58
My Visa is going to expire on Mar 23 2023, However I've already applied for the extension of the visa from the current company 4 weeks ago(Jan 29th)
In which case, you get a two month extension so it effectively expires May 23rd.
How many days the extension process will take ?
For one of the simple visa categories, around a month, so you should have no concerns at the moment. For some of the other types it can be longer (the category I am under my last renewal was 11 weeks).
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/2/28 15:44
Q2.

If it is the same categories of work allowed by your resident status, then it is easy and simple. Just inform immigration about the changes employer etc.

If it is different categories from your resident status, then you will have to apply for change of status, and while that you CANNOT START working with your new company until the change of status is approved.

So is your new job at Company B fall under your current status of resident categories??
by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/2/28 20:14
Q2:
I donft know your contract with the current employer - so giving a 3-day notice is OK for leaving? Usually the notice period is longer than that.
It sounds a bit sensitive. Even if you get the renewal granted during March and tell them at the end of March that you are leaving, you got the renewal under your current employerfs sponsorship - and as soon as you get it, you move onto another employer. The timing sounds simply unfortunate.

If you receive it in early April, then by then youfd have left the current employer and moved onto the new employer - in that case, the current employer can claim that you have applied for renewal with their help but no longer work there.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/2/28 20:25
Hi all
Thank your for your answers

Sorry i messed up in dates, as I've applied for the renewal for engineering visa category / my last working day is on march 31st( feb 27th I've notified my current employer - so, it's officially 30 days notice period)

My visa extension also lies on the notice period( already applied 4weeks back)

I would like to know, if i got my extension in mid march, is there any issues i will face(current employer is ageered to leave) in future and current extension processing time for engg visa

Thank you in advance

by Naveen (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/3/1 08:24
You should not have any issues. Changing job under the same category, notifying Immigration of the change within two weeks, pretty simple process and you are following the rules. The timing of a job change and status of residence renewal just happen to occur around the same time is all.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/3/1 09:30
Oh ok. I thought you might be concerned about your current employer not being happy with the job change. If that part is OK, then you donft have anything to worry about, as the work category seems to be the same.
Just notify the immigration authorities about the change in employer within 2 weeks of the change.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/3/1 09:55
the renewal has not being done yet.
when the current employer says to immigration that you will leave their company on March 31. immigration may stop the process, because your application depends on both situations of you and the company. generally speaking, the process expects that you will continue your job in the same company which you are currently working.
so, the result may depend on the action of the current employer.

the renewal will be permitted, for expecting that you can survive in Japan alone with your income in future.
since there is no way to know your future income, they want to know your current income.
since there is no way to know your future job situation, they want to have the certificates the the company really hires you at present (and they expect you will be hired by that company.)

it is very sensitive.
because you already inform your leave to your current employer, I expect that you have already made the new contract with the new employer or you have got some document like Μ—pŒˆ’θ’Κ’m‘. if not, your new employment is not confirmed.

although it is too late to point out, why didn't you proceed them step by step.
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/3/1 12:19
Hi All
thank you for your prompted answers
From the above all answers all i can do is i have to wait to got my extension before my last working day Mar 31st
Any how I've already applied for extension on Jan 30th, it's been alomost a month i got one more month

I've spoke with mycurrent and new employer they both said they will notify the immigration after you relesed from your current company(approx after 10 days), so you can have 40 more days (sufficient)

Currently i do not have any issues with my current employer and they are happy(Having good relationship with my boss)

Is there any one can please confirm that what is the current visa extension processing time ?

Thank you

Re: Immediate change of job after visa extension 2023/3/6 10:56
Hi All,
Thank you for your answers !

I've got my visa extended , it took around 40 days !!
I think i can now, switch the job next month and will notify the immigration

Naveen

reply to this thread