Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Taxi from Obama to Miyama? or bus? 2023/3/7 03:47
Getting to Miyama's Kayabuki-no-sato from Kanazawa is difficult: First a train to Tsuruga, then the Obama Line for Obama, but what next? If there is a taxi available in Obama, I would be willing to pay good money (up to $200) for it, but the taxi company there seems to have closed. It's a 35-mile drive through the mountains. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!
by Leslie Wolf (guest)  

Re: Taxi from Obama to Miyama? or bus? 2023/3/7 18:39
its on of those hire-a-car destinations
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi from Obama to Miyama? or bus? 2023/3/7 19:57
I'm not sure you'll get a reply, but try contacting the taxi company's email.
https://mifuku.jp/contact
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi from Obama to Miyama? or bus? 2023/3/7 22:05
Have you considered going from Kanazawa to Kyoto , Kyoto to Wachi (or probably actually Hitoshi) and get from there to Miyama?
I was there (in Wachi - by bicycle) in early January and miserably cold and wet at the station waiting for 1+ hour in (admittedly) a heated waiting room, and remember an incredible number of local busses passed. (Incredible for such a remote location).

http://bicycletraveljapan.blogspot.com/2023/01/ny2023-d5-kameoka-miyam...

From Wachi to Miyama the street is also very good, so even if you need to take a taxi it should be a relatively quick ride. In Wachi itself I donft remember taxis waiting at the station, but maybe Hiyoshi is bigger. Or as you say you are willing to pay, Sonobe should be good. Itfs relatively big. If the bus schedule isnft working for you.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi from Obama to Miyama? or bus? 2023/3/9 03:01
Thank you SO much for your replies. I was able to contact Mifuku Taxi and received a reasonable quote ($163) from them. This forum is worth its weight in gold!
by Leslie Wolf (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi from Obama to Miyama? or bus? 2023/3/9 04:35
200 U$ =27453 yen
But you dont need this amount from obama to miyama city.Firstly You go obama to tsuruga.Now you go tsuruga to fukui by JR
From fukui,you can go by keifuku bus to miya ma,take 40 minutes by bus,cost 900 yen
total =JR +keifuku bus=2800 yen
by Margaret (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxi from Obama to Miyama? or bus? 2023/3/9 04:50
Margaret,
Thanks for your cost-effective suggestion. However, I think there must be more than one Miyama. The one I'm trying to visit is near the Kayabuki no Sato village, just north of Kyoto. Miyama Station is far north of that, I think. Am I missing something?
by Leslie Wolf (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread