Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

STL to HND question 2023/3/12 14:45
Hey all. Quick question on customs immigration and how it works flying from America to Japan. Wefre flying out of St Louis Missouric we land in Dallas Texas for our connecting flight. My question is, when we get to Texas do I go straight to the international terminal gate we depart? Or do we have to go through immigration/customs before we can proceed to the gate? Ifm hoping we just go straight to the gate and go through customs once we reach Tokyo.
by MattC (guest)  

Re: STL to HND question 2023/3/12 18:52
Japanese customs & immigration is done on Japanese soil. Youfll probably need to go through some kind of passport control when you enter the international terminal in the US.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: STL to HND question 2023/3/12 21:22
The USA has NO outbound customs and immigration.

However, American Airlines will verify your passport and its validity, either at check-in or at the departure gate in DFW Terminal D.

I fly JAL and AA internationally quite frequently, let me know if you have any other questions.

Stan
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: STL to HND question 2023/3/13 00:11
Ok, so basically my passport validation etc will happen at STLc when I get to DFW I simply so to my gate in Terminal D. When I get to Tokyo is when immigration/customs happens, which is fine by me since Tokyo is the final destination.

HOWEVER, when flying back I do go through customs/immigration at DFW since itfs the first stop in a new country before my final destination(STL). Do we pick up our bags then go back through or does lugggage go all the way through in this instance?
by MattC (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: STL to HND question 2023/3/13 03:53
Yes you need to pick up luggage at DFW and do the immigration and customs. Right after customs you will have a counter to drop off the luggage so it can fly to STL
by Kb (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread