Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Atm at Narita 2023/3/13 08:46
Hi again,

Arriving on 3/4/23 and wondering where the best atms for taking out yen are at Narita Terminal 1. We'll arrive with no yen and usually just take out cash when we are there. I read that the Sevenbank outside immigration only allows 30,000Y. Can we take out more inside - if so where are these atms please.
thanks Kathy
by yeshekathy  

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/13 14:46
Pretty sure 7-11 atms allow 100,000 yen.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/13 17:57
Does relate to your own bank, but most allow up to 100k. A while back it was reduced to 50k after a banking hack, but I think it was restored. Otherwise, 2x50k works.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/13 23:52
After trying different ATMs, banks, and currency exchanges, I found that I had the best exchange rates at Japan Postal ATMs. Unfortunately, they are not at the Airport.

I usually enter Japan with enough yen for the first two or three days, and hit a Post Office as soon as possible. I also donft like running around with more than $300-$400 worth of yen in my wallet, so the maximum exchange of 50,000 yen doesnft bother me.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/14 20:32
Thanks for these comments. I need to take out a reasonable amount when we arrive at Narita, where are the ATM's?
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/14 22:17
There are quite a few ATMs. Here is a link:

https://www.narita-airport.jp/en/service/svc_12

My advice is that you are not going to get the best exchange rates at the airport. Get a little bit at a trusted location before you depart, and then hit a Japan Post ATM after leaving the airport.
by ebaychucky311 rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/15 01:05
I was reading along and am a bit confused about everyone talking about exchange rates:

To my understanding you get Yen at the ATM. Then the bank that issued the card you use will calculate the exchange rate.
So it does not matter where you get your money in Japan.
7/11 is taking 200\ charge (I think) per transaction. But that's another thing.
And yes, the limit was 100k in October last year.

At least that is how it has always been for me.
by DrRodriges rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/15 10:26
You'll have no problem finding an ATM in the airport - look for 7-Bank, or a 7-11, or post office.
7-11s do allow up to 100,000 yen withdrawals per transaction. But remember that is only if that does not exceed your own banks daily withdrawal limit. If you are limited to something like $600 a day, you will not be able to take out 100,000 yen.
by Ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/15 20:54
Kathy,
When you exit Customs in Narita Terminal One, whichever side, look towards the middle of the terminal towards the visitor reception areas. Along the back wall will be a number of ATM's including a 7-Bank ATM (they will have a 7-11'ish green look to them). You will be able to use your foreign ATM card and withdraw money there. Thanks.
Stan
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

Re: Atm at Narita 2023/3/16 09:10
thanks for all that - pretty clear now...
by yeshekathy rate this post as useful

reply to this thread