Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Face tattoo in japan 2023/3/14 05:36
Hey I'm currently planning a trip to Tokyo and plan on also going to kyoto I was wondering if my face tattoo will be a major issue in my journey. I understand that onsens, bathhouses, ryokans, etc will be a no go just wondering if I'll find it hard to do alot of touristy stuff like shrines and temples. The tattoo in question is rather small but not to small that you can't notice it at first glance. I'm also tattooed on my arms hands and neck. Can anyone share their experiences or friends they know of in japan with face tattoos there really doesn't seem to be much online about it. Thanks!
by Kai (guest)  

Re: Face tattoo in japan 2023/3/14 07:49
Yeah you'll get weird looks from some. But so do 6 foot 5 inch tall westerners.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Face tattoo in japan 2023/3/14 08:00
It's fine. Many of us who are heavily tattooed travel to Japan regularly and have lived there. No problem. If you have a face tattoo I doubt you are sensitive to a few stares. It's unlikely you are going to be stopped from doing anything other than the usual. Many onsen, gyms, and even beaches will be out of the question, but besides that you're good.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread