Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

10 Hour Layover at Haneda 2023/3/14 08:28
What are some options for a long layover through Haneda. I arrive at 06:00 (assuming no flight delays). I've been to Tokyo before so I am looking for other ideas. I'd rather not be stuck in the airport for that long.
by JJMMLL  

Yokohama 2023/3/16 07:36
Takes 35 to 60 minutes by train down to Yokohama if you haven't checked it out.
by Anaguma (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 Hour Layover at Haneda 2023/3/16 08:47
There's enough time to head into town on the monorail and have a look around one Yamanote line area without much stress. I don't think I'd go all the way to Yokohama personally. Actually if it were me I'd probably just walk from Hamamatsu to Hamarikyu and enjoy the garden for a bit, followed by something to eat around Shiodome/Shinbashi, then back to the airport.
by LIZ (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: 10 Hour Layover at Haneda 2023/3/16 13:45
If you donft want to venture very far from Haneda, therefs a hot spring bathing facility and an aquarium both close to Omorikaigan Station on the Keikyu line.
https://www.heiwajima-onsen.jp/en/
https://www.aquarium.gr.jp/

The bathing complex is open 24/7. I have never been there but Ifve been to the aquarium (called the Shinagawa Aquarium but not to be confused with the JR Shinagawa Station area), which is small but I liked it okay.

Kawasaki Station (Keikyu and JR) has a fairly large shopping mall (LaZona) plus a station shopping complex (Atre) with a lot of shops, and an underground shopping complex called Azalea (check out gGourmesseh if youfre hungry), plus a pretty good Daiso 100-yen shop in the Mores complex across the street. (Therefs also a Daiso in LaZone, but I think the one in the Mores complex is more fun.) A few more shops including a good supermarket are in the Le Front complex adjacent to the station. Most shops wonft open until 10 although the supermarket opens at 9. The nice thing about Kawasaki is that if itfs raining you can go everywhere without getting wet; itfs all connected. You can get a lot of exercise strolling around and although youfre not going to want to buy a lot of stuff itfs kind of fun to poke around, and you can find plenty of interesting things that are small, if you have any space in your carry-on. And there are a bazillion cafes and restaurants.
by Kim (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread