Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/17 03:31
Is there a forecast for the wisteria at Ashikaga like there is for cherry blossoms around the country? I'm wondering if the warm weather this year might shift the timing of wisteria like it does for sakura. I browsed the official website and noticed a weekly flower diary that the staff puts out and it says the tulips are currently out, but I'm not seeing anything about the wisteria. Just that mid April - mid May is the general season. Wondering if there is historical data on the timing of the blooms in the past too.
by jolinn  

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/17 12:51
No predictions. But you can look at the previous blooming reports from the last few years and make an simple educated assesment on when the will flower.
by h (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/20 04:17
thanks, had to look around but I did find the daily diary/journal with images. Seems like the wisteria flowered really early the last few years and based on this years sakura trend, it may happen again. Guess we'll know in a few weeks.

Seems like they're going to have the night light up earlier than in previous years when it was on the 20th. Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the afternoon, pay for the day and stay for the night or if one must purchase a night ticket as well? Also, for those that have been to both, is it better during the day or at night?
https://www.ashikaga.co.jp/fujinohana_special2023/jp/index.html
by jolinn rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/25 10:58
Wanted to bump this thread.
Has anyone been to the wisteria festival both day and evening light up and which one is better?
If I am reading correctly, I assume you have to exit the park if you have a day ticket and if you want to go back in, you have to purchase an evening ticket?
https://www.ashikaga.co.jp/fujinohana_special2023/jp/index.html

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/25 12:05
I have only been there during daytime (and missed the peak as well), so I canft say anything about how it compares.

But as far as I can read off from the ticket description, they donft get everyone to leave once – you get either one-day ticket, or evening-only ticket (available from 17:30).

by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/25 12:43
Google chrome translates it to:
"Admission tickets for the night part will be on sale from 17:30. There is no shunting system for the evening session." I guess it's unclear to me what a shunting system is.

Were you early or late for the peak btw? And how did you like it even if you didn't catch it at peak?

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/25 13:47
Jolinn,

I read the Japanese original text (I am a native speaker of the Japanese language), and as far as I can read off, they want to say they donft gswitchh visitors, meaning that they donft get everyone to leave once before they let in the night ticket holders.

I went there after the peak a few years ago, there were other flowers, which I enjoyed, and it was more for taking a nice stroll with a friend, so I found it enjoyable alright :)
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/25 14:05
Thanks. I'll also try to contact them to see if I can clarify. Ideally, it'd be nice to be able to go in the afternoon and then stay for the evening light up on one ticket.

Re: Ashikaga flower park wisteria predictions? 2023/3/27 10:54
Just wanted to report back. I heard from the park and they told me that if one purchases a day ticket, you can stay for the evening light up. If you leave the park though, you must purchase another ticket.

reply to this thread