Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Miho Museum and Hikone Castle in a day 2023/3/18 13:15
Hi,

I will be staying in Osaka and would like to visit the itinenary stated in here: https://www.japan-guide.com/blog/solo-female-travel/181114.html

May I know how can I get from Miho Museum to Hikone Castle in the fastest possible time?

If this itinenary is possible, where else can I pair Miho Museum with for a good day out in Shiga prefecture?

Thanks for your advice.
by Justin (guest)  

Re: Miho Museum and Hikone Castle in a day 2023/3/18 21:32
You can go miho museum from JR ishiyama, seta,minami kusatsu station n take 840 yen by teisan bus.from shigaraki statin: 20minute
Hikone castle tour bus 1 day pass =400 yen
Ohmi rail whole line 1 day smile pass :900yen
Lake biwa 1 day sightseeing pass= 700 yen
Shigaraki rail 1 day pass =940 yen
by Dixit (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Miho Museum and Hikone Castle in a day 2023/3/19 00:36
May I know how can I get from Miho Museum to Hikone Castle in the fastest possible time?
Fastest impossible time: teletransportation
Fastest possible time: helicopter
Fastest possible time for mere mortals: car

Or public transport but I wouldnft call that fast. https://www.miho.jp/access/

Not sure if I understand your second question. If you are asking with what else to combine Miho, Omi Hachiman comes to mind.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Miho Museum and Hikone Castle in a day 2023/3/19 15:55
If you read that blog, it doesn't really say how long they waited for the hourly buses. It (the blog) involved a lot of travel time to/from and it was slow/time consuming. I have looked into getting to/from this museum in the past due to a specific request and it was more along the lines of doing that by itself as the full day due to its inaccessibility ) yes - you can get there and back again, but it takes time. If I was to guess at times from the blog post, they possibly left Osaka at 8, arrived museum 10, left at 12, arrived Hikone 2 p.m. and looked at the castle in the afternoon (assuming the infrequent bus times worked, otherwise, it would have been longer).
Long time since I visited Hikone, but it is a nice castle.
by JapanCustomTours rate this post as useful

reply to this thread