Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Gotemba Premium Outlets Only 2023/3/19 20:28
Hello! My family and I plan to ONLY go to Gotemba Premium Outlets in our April trip. I have a few questions:

1. Is it advisable to go via bus or train coming from Shinjuku, noting that we will only go to the outlet and not the other sights?
2. Would we still need a Hakone Free Pass, or would this be a waste of money?
3. Anywhere in the Gotemba outlet we can hopefully see the Mt. Fuji?

Thank you so much for your time!

by JS (guest)  

Re: Gotemba Premium Outlets Only 2023/3/20 11:11
Bus or train. Doesn't matter. You decide.

No need for any pass. IC card or single ticket will be fine.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gotemba Premium Outlets Only 2023/3/20 12:36
There are convenient direct buses from Shinjuku to Gotemba Premium Outlet if you are not going anywhere else in Gotemba https://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/m/en/gotemba/access/detail36.html

A bit of luck as for viewing Mount Fuji. It was totally covered up with clouds when we were there last month but have seen it before fully and also partially during previous visits over the years.
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gotemba Premium Outlets Only 2023/3/20 17:47
Thank you so much for the quick reply. So a roundtrip bus/train ticket will suffice and no need for the Hakone Pass.

Thank you also for the comment re: Mt. Fuji sighting. Hopefully when we are there, we would be able to see it. :)

Really thankful for this forum also. :D
by JS (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gotemba Premium Outlets Only 2023/3/21 17:23
Hi, Mr. CDY, from you given link direct bus schedule from Gotemba to Shinjuku, I saw the bus can use ( Odakyu Bus ) Hakone Free Pass can be used. Do you know how to reserve the Bus seats since I already have the Hakone Free Pass. The website link only provide Buy bus ticket option. Thank you for your reply.
by Mr. Li (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Gotemba Premium Outlets Only 2023/3/21 18:50
I have not used Hakone Freepass before.

Looking at their official website it says "Odakyu Highway Bus (designated areas)" and on their pdf information sheet it says "fare for travel between Shinjuku and Gotemba is not included in the price"
https://www.odakyu.jp/wordpress/wp-content/themes/odakyu/english/pdf/p...
by CDY (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread