Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/3/26 07:24
Hi,

I am trying to get the shuttlebus timetable of Naoshima island so that I can plan my ferry timing. However, the naoshima website seems to be down: https://naoshima.net/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/4563647f03e0ac43f54a26...

does anyone have any other alternate links to the timetable? appreciate your help. thanks!
by Justin (guest)  

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/3/26 17:31
Link seems to work fine. Could be one of those cases where a page is blocked from outside of Japan. So check once you are here.
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/3/26 19:47
By the way, do you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your smartphone or computer?
Since it is a pdf file, it cannot be seen unless it is installed.
by haro1210 rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/2 21:27
Thanks, i was able to access the naoshima website using a japanese ip address. May i ask if how can i find the schedule of the train from okayama to uno? I would like to plan the timing so that i can catch the 920 ferry to naoshima island. Thanks.
by Justin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/3 04:10
I can confirm that it's geoblocked - but I have no idea why.

I could not see it from Europe, but as soon as I put on my VPN for Japan it worked.....
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/3 10:10
You can find out here.
https://japantravel.navitime.com/en/area/jp/route/
There are other sites.
https://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2323.html
There is also a JR West website, but you can only check the shortest time by train.
The site I introduced first displays the shortest route including the bus.
https://www.westjr.co.jp/global/en/
If you scroll down on this site, you can check the operation information of JR.

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/3 10:13
However, in the case of buses, there is a possibility of traffic jams during rush hours in the morning, so it is more likely that you will arrive on time if you use the train.

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/3 21:22
It's Naoshima. I doubt that the 100 cars on the island are going to cause much traffic - unless they park on the street and cars can't get past......
by mfedley rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/3 21:44
I wrote about possible traffic jams on buses from Okayama to Uno.

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/4 04:19
Usually the bus schedule is aligned with the ferries, at least for arriving ones. So usually there is a bus waiting already.
Idealy you take the earliest ferry to have as much time as possible on the island. Also, be at the harbour at least 30 minutes before departure as tickets are not sold in advance and start selling 30 minutes before each departure.
by realadry rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/22 20:31
i understand that for the train from okayama to uno, i have to stop at Chayamachi Station and change platform. may i know is this a big station? or i just have to get down and cross over to the other platform to continue on to uno station?
by Justin (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/22 23:50
In my experience, to transfer trains at Chayamachi to go to Uno one just needs to cross the platform.

There are also some direct trains from Okayama to Uno as well.
by abc (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Naoshima Island Bus Timetable 2023/4/23 17:53
From okayama to uno, u can go by ryobi bus, cost 660yen, 23 km bound for omochaokoku
by Neha (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread