Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I ask items to be delivered to hotel? 2023/4/7 07:20
Hello!

I want to preface this by saying that I *did * do some research on this and found some answers but not quite enough to actually clarify my true question.

So, my husband and I will be traveling to Japan for 3 weeks in October. This will be our first journey there, though hopefully not our only one. As such we have a lot of sightseeing planned, plenty of traveling about and enjoy the culture, scenery and all that entails. So...of course that means that we are also going to be shopping and buying souvenirs to bring home with us. What I am hoping to have clarified is, if we buy something from a shop, pay and everything, can we request that the items then be delivered to our hotel/hotel room? Obviously if there a fee or something like we would pay that, no problem at all. I know about COD but I don't really want to buy from Amazon as I want to experience the stores and buying for myself.

So...thoughts on this? And thank you in advance for any help and answers.
by natanetsuyu (guest)  

Re: Can I ask items to be delivered to hotel? 2023/4/7 09:00
That is something you need to check with your hotel. Some may do it for free, others just say no.
Also depend on the said shops as well. Else you just buy and make your own arrangement to deliver it yourself at convenience store.

I experienced sending a package to hotel where a family member will be staying, like 2 days in advance.
The said hotel have no problem keeping hold on it until family checked in. Called in advance to check.

by @.. (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Can I ask items to be delivered to hotel? 2023/4/7 13:17
I donft See a Problem. If the shop where you are buying isnft offering shipment just bring your parcel to the closest conbini with TaQBin service and send it from there to your hotel. Or potentially even straight to the airport. (I think you can schedule for delivery at the airport about 7 days after you send (or earlier)

TaQBin is widely used to ship around luggage and there isnft an issue to ship other stuff either.

That a shop will deliver something free of charge to your hotel is unlikely. (Obviously depends on what you buy. I a living here and things such as a new futon or furniture does get delivered to my house free of charge, as are the groceries. But you are talking about different things.)
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

reply to this thread