Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Koyasan WorldHeritage Ticket seat reservation 2023/4/11 02:23
Hello,

I bought a Koyasan World Heritage Ticket from here: https://www.howto-osaka.com/en/ticket/koyasan/

I received my order confirmation with an order number in my email.

I would like to reserve seats from Namba to Gokurakubashi station on May 1st 2023 and from Gokurakubashi to Shin-Imamiya Station on May 2nd 2023. However, I don't know how to do that. It is not clear if this can be done online since my Koyasan World Heritage Ticket doesn't seem to have a ticket number (like the one Nankai's website is asking for when making an inquiry about a limited express ticket / reserved seat from https://www.club-nankai.jp/sta/web/OnetimeTop.do )

Any advice would be appreciated!
by Sterls  

Re: Koyasan WorldHeritage Ticket seat reservation 2023/4/11 11:45
First link says you need to purchase a seat or express train ticket separately when using the pass. Pretty sure that ca not be done online.
by H (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan WorldHeritage Ticket seat reservation 2023/4/12 07:56
Koyasan World Heritage Ticket covers only the "base fare" of the Nankai railway from/to Osaka and Koyasan. This can be used for every trains for the two days when the ticket is valid. I think that is the reason why this ticket does not have the ticket number. If you bought the express ticket online, there seems to be no problem.

Have you already bought the Koyasan World Heritage Ticket online? I think this ticket can be bought always on the day at the station like Namba or Shin-Imamiya. The express ticket can be sold out so you may better purchase it as soon as possible.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan WorldHeritage Ticket seat reservation 2023/4/12 15:48
although many posters here believe that seat reservation or having limited express is necessary to go there, those are not.
you can go with regular express. and more importantly, regular express run more frequently than limited express. you just waste both of time and money.
when there is no regular express bound for Koyasan in your scheduled time, you go to Hashimoto with regular express and transfer to a local train for Gokurakubashi (two trans per hour).
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan WorldHeritage Ticket seat reservation 2023/4/12 17:04
@H
I looked at that page for many days and did not see that line. Thanks for pointing it out!

@Frog
I was trying to reserve seats so I bought the Koyasan World Heritage Ticket (KWHT) online since I read that we can pay a little bit extra to reserve seats when we have the KWHT. However, that didn't seem to work. I paid to reserve seats already from Namba to Gokurakubashi separately.

The reason I did not wait to do this at the station is because of the internet making me paranoid about golden week crowds and crowded trains so I wanted to reserve seats before my trip. My wife will have a bad time if she has to stand for 1 hr and 15 mins on the train.

@Ken
Really! That is nice to know! I was trying to reserve seats for the journey from Gokurakubashi to Shin-Imamiya but saw the earliest train at 11:30 am which is much later than I would prefer.

by Sterls rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan WorldHeritage Ticket seat reservation 2023/4/12 18:18
as I already said, if you use limited express, your choice is extremely limited and lose your money and time.
when you write here your expected departure time and the date, I (or someone) will show you your choices.
fore example, from 10:00,
10:00(limited express), 10:02, 10:24, 10:48, 11:02. (the time is the departure time of Namba station.)
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Koyasan WorldHeritage Ticket seat reservation 2023/10/2 15:28
@sterls Hello, I am planning my trip to Koyasan and wondering how you made the seat reservation for the Limited Express in the end? Which is the link that you managed to do it separately, or you did it in person eventually? Thanks a lot.
by Calvin (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread