Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Neighbourhood areas 2023/4/11 10:44
apart from Kagurazka, what other less crowded neighbourhoods that locals go for shopping and food, thanks!
by KLTan  

Re: Neighbourhood areas 2023/4/11 12:05
Places I like(in Tokyo)
Sasazuka (neighborhood shopping with a small market and many small every day shops)
Shinbashi (after work to drink with drunken Japanese businessmen) - not quiet though but much smaller than Shinjuku and nice to walk through the small streets.
Komabatodaimae area (small shops, small restaurants, some students from Todai)
A fancy street opened between Higashikitazawa and Setagaya Daita on top of the railway tracks
Oimachi station area. (Lot of small restaurants and a big super sento)

There must be thousand of other places. Tokyo is (to me) like a huge village. Every station area (or nearly every one) has its own character.

by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Neighbourhood areas 2023/4/13 07:38
There are just too many. Sendagaya and Ningyocho are among them.

But I wonder what you mean by "less crowded neighbourhoods that locals go for shopping and food", because the places you can "shop" in Kagurazaka aren't actually what one would call "neighborhood". If you call that "neighborhood", you might also enjoy Ura-Harajuku and Shimokitazawa, Nakameguro, Jiyugaoka and Kichijoji among many others. Especially, Kichijoji is relatively easier to find your way.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Neighbourhood areas 2023/4/14 00:02
Do an internet search on Shotengai or "Tokyo Shotengai" if in Tokyo

Shotengai's are the local shopping streets in the various cities and districts in and around train stations (usually) in Japan.

Like you, I like to walk shotengai's because it does give you a local flavor.

You can find shotengai's all over Japan.

S
by USC4Ever rate this post as useful

reply to this thread