Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Autumn in Kagoshima city 2023/4/14 19:33
Hi All,

Anyone has any experience when to see the autumn foliage in Kogashima City (Senganen Garden & Shiroyama Park) please? Is there any tracking website or app available? I guess the colouring progress should be the same with Kyoto/Osaka and I did try to look up using Google translated terms but failed :(

Thanks in advance.
by Yukievn  

Re: Autumn in Kagoshima city 2023/4/15 12:09
No personal experience but this nationwide page is very useful

https://koyo.walkerplus.com/
by LikeBike rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn in Kagoshima city 2023/4/15 20:06
As a person who lives in Kagoshima prefecture (not Kagoshima city but very close to it) I mus say autumn folliage in Kagoshima is not so spectacular as compared to more northern places such as Kyoto or even Tohoku area. That is because the autumn temperature is too warm here for making good red colors. Yes, there still is autumn folliage, but not so colorful.

The "peak" is not so abvious but in general it will be ten days after Kyoto. The bright side is that you can see autumn colors sometimes at the end of December, even in my front yard :).
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn in Kagoshima city 2023/4/19 10:44
Hi @frog1954,

Thanks for 'real' experience. I read in guidebook somewhere that autumn is the best season to go to Kagoshima with special food & onsen. So I think it's better to combine with koyo.

So from your experience, when is the best time (in autumn) to visit Kagoshima please? Because autumn is quite long, three months :)

Many thanks.
by Yukievn rate this post as useful

Re: Autumn in Kagoshima city 2023/4/19 12:32
I read in guidebook somewhere that autumn is the best season to go to Kagoshima with special food & onsen. So I think it's better to combine with koyo.

I agree. Late autumn and early spring are the best times for Kagoshima. Not so cold, not so hot. The air tend to be clear so you can see the mountain most beautifully, especially Sakurajima from Kagoshima city. The best spot is Shiroyama observatory in Kagoshima city.

So from your experience, when is the best time (in autumn) to visit Kagoshima please? Because autumn is quite long, three months :)

As for autumn, late November to early December is the best time. If you are planning to use only public transport, you might better research beforehand. If it's possible, you may better consider rental car.
by frog1954 rate this post as useful

reply to this thread