Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Return policy at ABC-Mart for color problem 2023/4/23 19:35
I purchased a pair of shoes from ABC Mart, which were blackish-red in color. However, on the very first day of using them, I noticed that the color had faded, specifically under the laces and near the areas where my pants touched the shoes. To make matters worse, the color from the shoes had transferred onto my white pants, giving it a blackish-red appearance. Unfortunately, my pants have now been damaged beyond repair, and I can no longer wear them.

As I had never encountered this problem before, I am wondering if anyone else has faced a similar situation. These shoes were quite expensive and intended for office use, so I am hesitant to wear them with other pants.

I would like to take a suggestion if ABC Mart has a return policy for shoes with color problems such as this. Should I ask the ABC store where I puchased it? Thank you... Jakki
by Jakki (guest)  

Re: Return policy at ABC-Mart for color problem 2023/4/26 00:36
First of all, I've bought multiple black shoes at ABC-MART and never had that problem. That said, if I were you, I'd go to the shop and ask questions about it.

I would ask things like, "Is it supposed to be like this? How could I have done things better? Are you saying I can't wear any long pants with them?" etc. Because that's the point. The point is that you want to wear what you bought.

If they can't give you a good answer, then you can start asking for refunds or exchange, because you've been sold something no one can wear. On the other hand, you might find out what you did wrong, and that would help you prevent similar incidents in the future.

Note that merchandise often comes with a note telling you that you should be cautious about the dye. ABC on-line shopping also notes that only items that haven't been used can be refunded. So, like I wrote, the point is, "Then how are you supposed to find out if the shoes don't damage the pants?"

By the way, it wasn't at ABC, but I once bought a pair of footwear that kind of collapsed after I sprayed waterproof spray on. So, I did as I wrote above, and got a refund. The refund wasn't really what I wanted. I wanted to wear those beautiful footwear. But, I guess, at the end of the day they thought a refund would be easier.

I hope your problem would be solved in one way or another.
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Return policy at ABC-Mart for color problem 2023/4/26 20:36
Thank you Uco.
I won't want either refund or return. It really looks good and I want to use it. But it is office shoe, I don't feel good to wear holiday outing. Only problem is color getting transfer from shoe to pant. I wear a little short pant, then Okay. I have thought of this. But still I will visit to the shop this weekend and let them know about the fact.
by Jakki (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Return policy at ABC-Mart for color problem 2023/4/26 22:42
it seems to be very common that dye transfer occurs if your shoes are made of genuine leather.
many websites indicate that you will have dye transfer to your socks. why not for your case ?
those sites also say that use 色落ち防止スプレー for the inside and 防水スプレー for the outer.
このような革靴の色落ちを防ぐには、靴の外側にはきちんと防水スプレーを吹きかけ、靴の内側には色落ち防止スプレーを使用するのがおすすめ。
https://door.abc-mart.net/2459
https://www.shoefootcare.net/e343.html
https://www.kawa-raban.com/shoes-color-transfer/
by ken (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread