Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Note that this thread has not been updated in a long time, and its content might not be up-to-date anymore.

Can I move to japan alone at 17? 2023/4/27 17:21
I was put into a rotary student exchange to go to Japan next year, but it was taken off of the list last night.
This trip meant so much to me, and therefs no way Ifm not going to japan next year. So is it possible that I can move to japan and get an apartment or live in a hostel for a year at 17? Or even the end of this year when Ifm still 16? /my birthday is 3rd January/ my parents will pay for what they need to do money isnft that big of a problem. And I could move in with a friend of the same age where Ifm from.

It is now too late to apply for any more exchange programs. So that is not an option anymore.
by Star (guest)  

Re: Can I move to japan alone at 17? 2023/4/27 20:02
So is it possible that I can move to japan and get an apartment or live in a hostel for a year at 17? Or even the end of this year when Ifm still 16?

No, the minimum age should be 18 now (might be wrong do don't quote me on this) but even then I'm sure you'd have difficulties finding a place to rent plus you'd legally need a reason to be living that long in Japan in the first place, which would mean either studying or work.

I'd work on finding another way either waiting for the next exchange programme intake or finish high school and apply for university here, or something along those lines.

by JO HN (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread