Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/10 16:50
Hello

I had a few queries related to airport transfer from Haneda for tomorrow -

- Are Taxis available around 11PM at Terminal 3 of Haneda airport? This is for 3 people with 4 suitcases.
- If yes, where will I find them on exiting the terminal
- How much should a trip to Chiyoda City (near Lidabashi Station) cost me at that time?
- I understand that Uber is also available but would be a ripoff?

Any other suggestions on airport transfer would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards
Sudhir
by SudhirP  

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 10:27
There are ALWAYS taxis around as they know that people need them from the airport, even after midnight. Just do keep in mind that you'll end up spending more money this way since it's far more convenient to take a taxi.

You could look into uber or other methods of travel, but I don't believe uber is very popular in Japan. Have you thought about just taking trains and looking at the map? It would be far cheaper, unless there is just no way around it without getting by in a car.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 10:34
Hi Tom,
I'd read somewhere that trains stop around midnight at Tokyo (is this true?) and therefore, we were unsure whether we should take this risk. We are 3 in the family and will be carrying 4 suitcases. We need to go towards Lidabashi station which requires us to change 3 trains from Haneda and it is our 1st trip to Japan. We'd have preferred trains over taxis. Do you think we can do this?
by SudhirP rate this post as useful

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 10:42
True, after midnight the trains do generally stop running in most cases. If you're afraid you can't catch the train in time, there will always be a taxi, though much more expensive of course compared to the trains.

Did you find out if there were any uber drivers or something like that? I've personally never tried uber in Japan.
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 12:53
As other people say and you worry about, it costs too much using taxi from Haneda Terminal 3 to iidabashi. It might cost around 9,000 yen, although it's easy to go to your destination with suitcases.
Of your able to pass the immigration before 23:00, trains are still available and you can use them as you have originally planned. And the final monorail to Hamamatsucho Station departs Terminal 3 on 23:48. Of your flight delays but you success to take that last monorail, you can go to Hamamatsucho Station and can take a taxi from there or from any other station closer to Iidabashi, that will save much money than using taxi all the way.
by Stip (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 12:58
And Uber is available in Japan, too, but it's not cheaper (or sometimes it's more expensive) than ordinary taxis unlike some countries. So I don't strongly recommend it in Japan although it's useful.

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 14:43
Thank you Stip & Tom. That has been very useful.

I'll try and take the monorail if I'm not held up too much at Immigration. Presume finding taxis at Hamamatsucho station shouldnt be an issue late at nights?

Regards & Thanks.

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 15:42
I was given this information recently by someone on this forum.
Base fare: 450\
Per kilometre: 430\

After certain times I believe therefs a surcharge - I canft recall the details.
Therefs a fixed fare taxi as well but Ifm not sure if you are going in that zone. You can request that at the taxi stand at Haneda airport. You need to provide name of hotel & phone number so that the driver can set the gps.

Post your question on TripAdviser as Ifve seen this question often.

Personally, I would use the taxi arriving at that hour as this is your first trip.
Taxis in Japan generally do not have large boot space so you might have to hold onto one piece. Also hopefully itfs not 3 large pieces of luggage .

Or you can contact MK Taxi & get a quote. They are safe & reliable from my experience.

https://en.tokyomk.com/taxi

Alternatively you can stay near Haneda for the night but make sure you tell the hotel your flight arrives at 11pm. Ditto your hotel in Lidabashi as most hotels lock the front door after midnight for security reasons.

I recently stayed at JAL West Wing Haneda as I had an early departure.
https://www.haneda-hotel.com/english

The train station to the city is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel. Look at the. ACCESS tab on the hotel website.
by aa (guest) rate this post as useful

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 15:47
Generally, there are laundry facilities- washer, drier - in business hotels. That being the case, do consider packing less clothes & avoid travelling with 4 pieces of luggage. Itfll be a problem travelling on trains, going up & down stairs and long corridors.

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 15:55
Fixed rates from Haneda.
Looks reasonable to Chiyoda after 22:00. Ifd go for this option. But make sure you advise the hotel of your late arrival.

https://en.tokyomk.com/airport-fares

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 16:09
Hello SudhirP,

Since there are roads with heavy traffic around Hamamatsucho Station, so it won't be so difficult to find a taxi.
The arrival to your hotel will be at midnight, I highly recommend you to make a phone call to the reception in advance as early as possible. I'm not sure your hotel's reception would available 24 hours.
But another problem is if your 4 suitcases are so bigger, I'm not sure whether just one taxi can take all of you with all of your luggage. I hope your suitcases aren't too big or the taxi you'll take has enough luggage space.

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 16:21
3 regular suitcases (the types you check in) and 1 smaller cabin suitcase bag. These are the 4 suitcases in all.

This should fit into a taxi I presume? There are also 3 of us.

I'm staying at the Edmont Metropolitan and they've assured me that they have a 24 hour front desk.

Thanks.

Regards
Sudhir

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 20:49
Oh, that'll be okay unless the taxi you take isn't too small. An ordinary taxi can carry 2 or 3 suitcases in its trunk, and you may able to bring smaller ones with you inside if permitted.
I hope your way between the airport and the hotel will be good and comfortable!

And if you get so tired after immigration, you also have another option to use a fixed-price taxi, as aa-san recommend you.

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 21:09
Pl note the fixed price is from MK Taxi & a reservation is needed as per my post. You need to refer to the MK taxi link I posted.

Ifm not sure if the fixed price rate is applicable if you take it from the taxi rank, as I donft know if the hotel is within the fixed price zone if using non MK Taxi.

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 21:10
First of all, there is no Lidabashi, so I think you're talking about Iidabashi which starts with an "I". Assuming that you need to go to Iidabashi train station (rather than the other stations in Iidabashi area), if I were you, I'd take the Keikyu train to Daimon Station and transfer to the Oedo Line there to Iidabashi.

This is probably the easiest yet cheapest way to get to Iidabashi with luggage, because you only need to transfer once, and (correct me if I'm wrong but) you need not go through a ticket gate as you transfer. The last train to do that for today leaves at 11:10pm, and the fare is 530 yen.

Just be sure you ask a uniformed personnel to see that you're getting on the correct trains. There are many other ways to get to Iidabashi, and you usually need to transfer twice while some transfer stations are more complicated.

Or as long as you get to central Tokyo, the taxi fare from there to Iidabashi would be something around 2500 yen, and there are plenty of options to get from Haneda to central Tokyo after 11pm.

In any case, there will be people working at the airport until the last flight, so I'm sure you could ask for advise at the spot.

You can also consider using the Limousine Bus to central Tokyo.
https://www.limousinebus.co.jp/guide/en/timetable/
by Uco rate this post as useful

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/11 21:24
Thank you aa, stip and Uco. I think I've got all the info I need. This group has been super helpful. Many thanks everyone.

Re: Taxis at Terminal 3 Haneda Airport 2023/5/16 16:54
you can always check out https://atobtransfer.com/ - although they are worldwide providers, I usually get the best price with them. happy travels!
by yannick bergsman (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread