Home
Back

Dear visitor, if you know the answer to this question, please post it. Thank you!

Looking for nausea medication for children 2023/5/10 21:27
hello,
a compatriot of mine who is currently traveling in Japan with his family has a children who is currently suffering from severe nausea. His children vomits after every meal, and it's causing him distress.
He's currently looking for a domperidone based oral medication, 5ml, or it goes by its commercial name Vometa. Is there any equivalent of it available commercially in Japan, and also preferrably sold as a OTC medication? Does Sundrug, Kusuriya provide nausea medication that has the contents listed above?

I'd appreciate any info on his behalf on where to get the medication, thank you in advance for any rapid responses!
by Vincent (guest)  

Re: Looking for nausea medication for children 2023/5/11 09:14
Unfortunately there is no OTC medication that contains the one you mention. There are some other medication against nausea (for example when riding a car), but as you say it is accompanied by vomiting, I would take the children to a doctor/clinic to see what might be causing it - if the kids are used to getting that medication back home, explain that to the doctor to get the same medication in same dosage.

For English-speaking doctors, you/they could contact the embassy of your country for assistance. Best wishes.

Just in case, this medication is against nausea when riding a car, train, etc., for kids (Travelmin Junior).
https://www.eisai.jp/products/travelmin/travelmin_j

Should be available at drugstores.

There are other medication against feeling "nauseating" in the stomach (since you say they have problems after eating), medication for stomach such as GASTER-10 or "Ohta Isan" might work, but I am not aware of kids' version of them.
by AK rate this post as useful

Re: Looking for nausea medication for children 2023/5/11 10:36
This may seem silly, but if you're looking for anti-nausea medication, why not just get fresh ginger and chop it up and put it into water like tea? It works wonders and it's literally the best remedy for calming and upset stomach, plus it has other benefits compared to a drug that you'd buy in the store.

Ginger is also SUPER cheap. Just give it a shot. :)
by Tom (guest) rate this post as useful

reply to this thread